Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed Modular Head Shop Stage I Blower Cams and a SLP PowerFlo cat-back. I still have to install the dual GT fuel pumps and 60lb injectors then it's off to the tuner.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
sounds good cant wait till mines sounds like that

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sounds reeal goood! How many True Blue Bullitt's did they make?? I don't believe I've ever seen one before!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Very nice man, sounds good. If you dont mind me asking, how much did Nick charge for those cams? Did you do springs or anything?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Sounds great and looks even better! I envy your paint lol. Did you do the cams yourself? Also keep us posted on your numbers man I'm very interested in getting cams after I put on my Vortech.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The cams were $599 from MHS. I bought the Stage I cams specifically so I didn't have to replace the springs or worry about degreeing. I actually tried to degree the cams in the car, but couldn't get an accurate reading on the dial indicator. So I'm glad I went with the stage I. I'm going to build a short block next year, so I'll replace the springs and degree then.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW, Only 723 True Blue Bullitt's made, minus the wrecked ones and the one someone on the forums painted flat black (that was painful to watch).

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
The cams were $599 from MHS. I bought the Stage I cams specifically so I didn't have to replace the springs or worry about degreeing. I actually tried to degree the cams in the car, but couldn't get an accurate reading on the dial indicator. So I'm glad I went with the stage I. I'm going to build a short block next year, so I'll replace the springs and degree then.

Thats exactly what I planned on doing. Dropping in some cams without springs or degreeing them. Then building the motor this winter. Cool, good luck on the dyno man.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
what power numbers are you expecting man? Im curious how that intake manifold is going to perform (great im sure)

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Isn't it a bullitt intake? It came stock on the car. I'm guessing around 465rwhp.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
yeah, but everybody else uses the stock GT one. so I am curious what #'s he makes, considering the motors are pretty similar minus the intake manifold

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
damn sounds badass for just a stage one cam, i wonder how the stage 2's sound

·
Registered
340 Posts
those MHS's sound bad ass......i already have post purchase dissonance from my anderson f-42's sounding stocky......share the #'s when you get em..

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you for the compliments. I'm thinking power will be in the 450ish range. It dyno'ed at 407hp before the LT headers, mid-pipe, cat-back, or cams. The Bullitt intake certainly makes a difference. When I dyno'ed the last time the tuner used a regular GT tune as the baseline and had to add a ton fuel because it kept leaning out. I choose a Lethal Performance X pipe to go with the MAC LTs, I put some sound clips on Youtube if you want to hear what it sounds like.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts