Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 93 4 valve lincoln motor i can pick up pretty cheap, and my only concern is what to do about the computer. I would think that i could use my wiring harness off my 2v motor to run the 4v, but i'm not sure. Does anyone know if this will work? I'll have a sniper commando tuner to change whatever settings i need to make it work

·
Registered
444 Posts
I found a 93 4 valve lincoln motor i can pick up pretty cheap, and my only concern is what to do about the computer. I would think that i could use my wiring harness off my 2v motor to run the 4v, but i'm not sure. Does anyone know if this will work? I'll have a sniper commando tuner to change whatever settings i need to make it work
Yeah your stock ECU can run the motor but you'll need to modify your 2V harness... but you will need to delete the IMRC and get a dyno tune for the motor, if I were you though I would buy the motor but sell the heads that come with it, find some cheap 3V heads, MMR's cam phaser delete kit and Logans 3V conversion kit Logan Motorsports - SCT Tuning and get a dyno tune .
With 3V heads your stock 2V harness wont need any modification.

·
Banned
837 Posts
set of good ported heads , valve springs and cams would put out more power for less work and probably not much more money

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
damn that 3v conversion would be badass, way cheaper than a 4v swap. i wonder if 2v COPS and Injectors would work.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
what modifications to the harness are needed?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok cool, what kind of modifications would i need to do to the wiring harness?
I want to build an engine on the side so i can do a swap one weekend and not have my car taken apart too long, and i know that lincoln has the temken block, so if i can get the engine for cheap, i'll probably go that route. I may be able to find a set of 3v heads though, i'll check out that conversion

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ok cool, what kind of modifications would i need to do to the wiring harness?
I want to build an engine on the side so i can do a swap one weekend and not have my car taken apart too long, and i know that lincoln has the temken block, so if i can get the engine for cheap, i'll probably go that route. I may be able to find a set of 3v heads though, i'll check out that conversion
For a 3V swap no modifications to the harness are needed.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, i don't mind extending the harness, i'm good at wiring. The main thing that worries me is just if the motor will run fine with my computer, i really don't want to have to use the one in the lincoln. I'll definitely have to block off the variable runner plates though right? or is there a way to run those? I thought they may be vacuum operated, but apparently they are computer actuated

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
idk if it'll work with my gauges and everything else
unfortunately the computer is tied into everything =P

·
Registered
444 Posts
idk if it'll work with my gauges and everything else
unfortunately the computer is tied into everything =P
With a 3v your stock ECU will be fine, all you need to make it work is the logan motorsports 3v conversion kit, MMR's cam phaser delete kit and a dyno tune, your stock 2V harness will plug up to the 3V engine without any modifications.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well i had a guy give me a PI 2v core, so i guess it would be dumb not to use it, i can spend my money on the rotating assembly instead now.
I'll definitely look into the 3v conversion though, i know of a set of 3v heads i could get for next to nothing. Unfortunately none of my 4.6 books have any specs on the flow rates of the 3v, but i've heard they flow almost as well as the 4v

·
Registered
156 Posts
the 3v conversion is nearly as good as a 4v motor minus the internals being better, but the power options over the stock 2v is much better. a friend did the 3v conversion and with a KB s/c and he is running 450hp 440tq on a safe tune. im not sure what the limit is but its much higher with 3v heads.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well i decided to go with the mark 8 motor, i'm picking it up today. MSD makes an rmp trigger switch that i plan to use for the IMRC and apparently all you have to do to use coil on plug is to switch the valve covers, but if that doesn't work, they make a coil pack that is basically coil on plug, but with wires
So i'll keep ya'll updated on the build and take pictures if anyone else is interested in the swap
Thanks for all the help,
Scott

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
do u have a link too this msd trigger u speak of??

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Yeah your stock ECU can run the motor but you'll need to modify your 2V harness... but you will need to delete the IMRC and get a dyno tune for the motor, if I were you though I would buy the motor but sell the heads that come with it, find some cheap 3V heads, MMR's cam phaser delete kit and Logans 3V conversion kit Logan Motorsports - SCT Tuning and get a dyno tune .
With 3V heads your stock 2V harness wont need any modification.
Yea but how much is that logan kit?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i wonder why the website doesnt tell us how much it is :eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts