Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havnt had my 01 gt that long but its an auto, and only has a few boltons at the moment. I plan on goin up the track with it on weekends can these things handle wot/dragracing alot? just wanna be sure these things can handle a beating without blowin a motor or a tranny anytime soon? cause I have a heavy foot lol in it? and its my fist v8 stang so I wasnt shore guys.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Cars seem to break most at the track. Its a lot of stress on everything. Your taking 3750lbs from a dead stop, to WOT for xx seconds. Plus the track is sticky, so putting more stress on the rear end, torque boxes, chassis, motor, etc unless your spinning. Although autos are a lot easier on the driveline.

But youll be fine with a few bolt ons. What kind of tires? If its just a few bolt ons, dont worry at all. When I was NA, mines a 5 speed I ran like 60+times on street tires and probally 20+ times with drag radials. Car never had a problem then

·
Registered
314 Posts
Cars seem to break most at the track. Its a lot of stress on everything. Your taking 3750lbs from a dead stop, to WOT for xx seconds. Plus the track is sticky, so putting more stress on the rear end, torque boxes, chassis, motor, etc unless your spinning. Although autos are a lot easier on the driveline.

But youll be fine with a few bolt ons. What kind of tires? If its just a few bolt ons, dont worry at all. When I was NA, mines a 5 speed I ran like 60+times on street tires and probally 20+ times with drag radials. Car never had a problem then
3750???

Are cars are very tough and can take a beating but as with any car if you dont maintain it, it will be more likely for fail !

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
Mine takes quite a bit of abuse. I melt clutches often from not really giving a **** tho. No biggie,gotta pay to play

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
My car sees the track mostly, but I've broke it more times on the street.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I torture my car every time i am behind the wheel lol. I have never broke anything. I took some brand new HARD Sumi's and had them 100% bald within about 1,200 miles. I only put about 2,000 miles a year on it but they are some hard miles, as long as you stay on point with your maintenance and dont drive it stupid (as in revving it up and pulling it into gear and crap like that) you will be fine. I always tell people my car is a Ford Mustang and i drive it as such.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont play with maintenance the only thin I havnt changed is coolant on the stang. Just wasnt shore how strong our 99-04' gt's are since this is my first one, and I plan on making this a weekly track toy.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Weekly track toy is going to break eventually no matter what the car is, the less sticky tires the less you will likely tear something up

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
3750???

Are cars are very tough and can take a beating but as with any car if you dont maintain it, it will be more likely for fail !
99-04 gt 3317+lbs.... 05-09gt 3483-3532lbs.. 05-06gto 3725lbs our cars are not nearly that heavy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts