Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about what route i want to take my car after i get it paid off. Then an idea popped into my head. I want to take the stock block as far as i can without going FI. What can these blocks be pushed to N/A? And how would you go about getting there?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
i read an article in MM&FF magazine wher they managed to get 400+rwhp NA. ill try to find it online if i can.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
better save a butt load of money to get one of these to push 400hp n/a

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was planning on it lol. How much would you think it would be? I'm still not even sure i would try something like this. Just thought i would investigate it now.

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,595 Posts
I've always read that it's one of those things that you might get away with, but most don't. 350 is safe, but 400+ is pushing it. You can meet a lot of foks who ran 400 some hp with no issues, but you'll meet a lot more who did 400+ and broke stuff.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
+1 its not gonna just be a little bit more your looking at TONS more and i'm pretty sure to get to that power N/A your driveability is gonna go down the tubes too. So for a DD FI is way easier and even if you have no wrench time its pretty simple to install.

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+1 its not gonna just be a little bit more your looking at TONS more and i'm pretty sure to get to that power N/A your driveability is gonna go down the tubes too. So for a DD FI is way easier and even if you have no wrench time its pretty simple to install.
When I start actually building my car it won't be my dd. Eventually it's going to be a drag car. Gotta make it through college first though lol

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
461 crank HP. 5.0L stroker with trickflow twisted wedge track heat 185 heads, 44cc chambers, just over 11.0:1 compression. im just quoting the magazine though.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
they probably have about 8-10k invested in that motor, and thats at their discount

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So at a normal person price it would probably be a good $15,000 or more? Seems doable over a few years. If I ever did decide to do it, I think it would be a good challenge for me. And a great learning experience since I haven't done much engine work on cars.

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,595 Posts
Coyote swap. There, I said it.

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you talking about a stock short block or a stock block? The block will no problem but the rpms that would be required for 400rwhp n/a stock short block,(if possible) I highly doubt it, not for long anyway
What's the difference between a stock block and short block? Like I siad before (I think). I don't know a whole lot about cars engines. 95% of what i know is from reading online, so my knowledge is just random bits of **** jumbeled into my retarded brain. :D

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
400hp at the crank yes, 400hp at the tires, maybe? You would need alot done. Plus if you build the car for NA, meaning high compression (probally 11-12:1) then say if you decide to go with boost, your setup wont be boost ready.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
What's the difference between a stock block and short block? Like I siad before (I think). I don't know a whole lot about cars engines. 95% of what i know is from reading online, so my knowledge is just random bits of **** jumbeled into my retarded brain. :D
The shortblock is the block and rotating assembly, like rods/pistons/crank. The longblock includes the heads/cams timing accesories etc...

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hm, ok i think i understand now. I always thought short blocks and long blocks were two different kinds of blocks lol... :sorry

So basically, trying to get 400rwhp out of a stock block would be dumb because i wouldn't be able to push it much farther or boost it?

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,595 Posts
it is a high tech 5.0 4v and it is 411 fwhp, not rwhp which I THINK the op is talking about. he was talking about his current engine in the car I think :dunno
I think someone in here said it might take 15k to get 400 to the wheels. Coyote + some parts will get you that way below 15.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I think someone in here said it might take 15k to get 400 to the wheels. Coyote + some parts will get you that way below 15.
I see what your saying. The question was not if 400rwhp was possible, but if you can get 400rwhp n/a from a stock 4.6 shortblock(his current untouched block in his car now)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts