Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ford Racing M-4006-B373 Ford Racing 8.8 Rear Ends

It says that the setup is for drum brakes but disks will work to right? The only difference is the mounting bracket for the disk setup correct? This confuses me because all SN95's are disk.. Has anyone that we know here used 4:30 gears? I have been looking into them...

Note: To see what I mean by drum brakes click "More Details" when you open the link.. This i what it says..

M-4006-B373 - Ford Racing 8.8 Rear Ends Details

Notes:
# Approximately 35% stronger than the production 7.5" axle
# Units are fully assembled with housing (including all applicable brackets), gearset and 28-tooth traction-lok differential (Less Brakes and Shafts).
# Bolts into many of the "Fox" vehicles that were originally equipped with 7.5" axle.
# Axle assembly uses vehicle's 28-tooth axle shafts and rear drum brakes.

Applications:
# 1979-98 Mustang
# 1979-86 Capri
# 1978-82 Fairmont/Zephyr
# 1981-82 Granada/Monarch
# 1983-85 LTD/Marquis

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
It doesn't come with brakes or axles. apparently you transfer your existing to it. Look at your second note.. ( less brakes and shafts).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats understood I was just making sure that my breaks would fit sense it says that it is setup for drums but the only differance is the mounting bracket for the calipers right?

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Yes... they will fit... but why not just rebuild the setup you have now and put in 31 spline stuff?

you arleady have an 8.8 rear end....

BTW i did not open the link, that could be my issue... lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes... they will fit... but why not just rebuild the setup you have now and put in 31 spline stuff?

you arleady have an 8.8 rear end....

BTW i did not open the link, that could be my issue... lol
My housing is bent so I have to replace it anyway and my 1stSgt probly won't approve an emergency loan just because I would like to have 31 spline axels..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts