Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Eazy Monee
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 99 SVT Cobra and there is Roush all over the car. two owner car and they tell me it cam from factory like that. VIN says its true cobra and clean title and clean car fax. Called Roush to check VIN and they tell me they didn't keep good records in 1999 and if it's true there are only like ten red coupes like that. Weird? The guy also said that it has a new intake and manifolds and that it was a recall? sounds too good to be true. Please educate me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Let's see the seats n the plate they put inside the car

·
Eazy Monee
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no plate on car. no sticker on passenger door jam

Attachments

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Never heard of a Roush Cobra. But the 1999 Cobra's did have a recall. They were advertised to put out 320 hp. When dynoed it was more like 300 hp. Ford recalled the cars and installed a new intake. That is why they didn't produce a 2000 Cobra. If I remember correctly, the 1999 Cobra had a running pony on the seat and it said Mustang on the rear bumper. That was changed for the 2001 Cobras.

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
Just a quarter window decal and some roush wheels is all I see... Can you contact the dealership it was bought from?

·
Eazy Monee
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed the intake looks brand new. it has 90,000 miles and is mint. I have always wanted a cobra. Roush is no help. They say they did but it isn't documented and in 99 they didn't off performance packages. just the side exhaust and various things. I have roush floor mats, side exhaust, rims, logos in back and on side skirt and the side tint and top of windshield. don't know why someone would spend all that money just to put roush stuff on. I found a sticker in the engine bay verifying that the recall was done. Something about casting leftover in Intake?

·
Eazy Monee
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried to find dealer. All I can find out is that it was born in Whittemore, MI. Oh well, I was just wondering. I am proud to be part of the Cobra family anyways. I think I will keep it stock and leave it in the garage.

·
Eazy Monee
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice mustang UDEAFBRO. I hope to have the money to have something like that one day. Got 3 little kids and I am always broke.

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
Give her a thorough wash and take some nice shots. If it is a limited edition Cobra Roush, you got yourself a rare car there!

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
Nice mustang UDEAFBRO. I hope to have the money to have something like that one day. Got 3 little kids and I am always broke.
Thanks man, greatly appreciated! Single (unless you count what I'm doing in my avatar as a relationship lol), no kids. Thats the life!

·
Eazy Monee
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. I will try to take more professional shots of it.

·
Eazy Monee
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i paid 9,000. the guy told me he couldn't verify it being a real roush. he got the same thing i got when he tried to verify it from roush. guy was hurting for money though so i don't know what it's really worth. he was asking 12,000

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Never heard of a Roush Cobra. But the 1999 Cobra's did have a recall. They were advertised to put out 320 hp. When dynoed it was more like 300 hp. Ford recalled the cars and installed a new intake. That is why they didn't produce a 2000 Cobra. If I remember correctly, the 1999 Cobra had a running pony on the seat and it said Mustang on the rear bumper. That was changed for the 2001 Cobras.
They did make 2000 cobras. They only sold them in australia if i remember correctly and the had some weird lights and side lights on the front fender

·
Registered
752 Posts
Damn, regardless of what type of car it actually is, you've got a sweet ride...and for only 9k too!!!

It's definitely got a Cobra motor in it thought and that's the best part. It'd be really interesting to know if it really came just like this from the factory.

Definitely post up some nice pics after you wash it. Nice car man.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts