Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
AHRC Suffolk, NY CarShow
525 Posts
I noticed the intake looks brand new. it has 90,000 miles and is mint. I have always wanted a cobra. Roush is no help. They say they did but it isn't documented and in 99 they didn't off performance packages. just the side exhaust and various things. I have roush floor mats, side exhaust, rims, logos in back and on side skirt and the side tint and top of windshield. don't know why someone would spend all that money just to put roush stuff on. I found a sticker in the engine bay verifying that the recall was done. Something about casting leftover in Intake?
either way its a beautiful car and a real cobra. dont think its a roush though. even in 99...i believe roush's had a nameplat. all the roush stuff seems correct....they made stage 1,2 and 3's. you have a stage 3 bumper. i would also check to see if it has roush suspension parts. thats a good way to tell. same reason as why people would spend all that $ to do a full cobra or saleen kit.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I don't know man. Stage 1 was a body kit, stage 2 was a body kit and suspension and stage 3 was body kit, suspension and performance upgrades. You have a stage 3 front bumper so I would expect some sort of performance upgrades to be apparent. I can't tell very well from the angle of your pics but it doesn't appear to even be lowered. There are no C/C plates under the hood, and no badge or ID plate on the firewall. I don't know if Roush does ID plates under hood like Saleen does though but I am pretty sure they did an interior plaque by the shifter just like Saleen. It should have an alteration sticker in the door jamb one one side too.

What kind of miles are on it? Most collector cars are pretty low milage.

Either way, it's a nice looking cobra!!

·
Eazy Monee
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Roush told me no such thing as 2000 cobra. thanks guys. I am takin her out tomorrow to get washed and sister in law gonna take some photos.

·
Eazy Monee
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
the suspension in the rear is independent and it has huge sway bars. bilsteen or something like that, hard to read it's dirty. Thanks for all the comments. I am the only ford guy in my fam. i also have a 2012 king ranch 350

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
car looks good. those wheels are very hard to come by and if you ever wanna get rid of them let me know, ill grab em in a heart beat. youre actually not too far from me, if you ever wanna meet up let me know.

·
Eazy Monee
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well I gave up on the roush idea. I eaton swapped it and loving it. Here r some pics. Spent bbout 7000 but I wouldnt have it any other way. Cp piston manley rods forged crank. Shoulda ported heads but I didnt. 2.8 pulley and accu fab tb amd lt headers bbk.

Attachments

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Well I gave up on the roush idea. I eaton swapped it and loving it. Here r some pics. Spent bbout 7000 but I wouldnt have it any other way. Cp piston manley rods forged crank. Shoulda ported heads but I didnt. 2.8 pulley and accu fab tb amd lt headers bbk.
thats awesome!

·
Eazy Monee
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks. It took a while but its worth it. I have a stage 3 eaton with lotta miles. Decided to get a bone stock one with less miles. Just got a kenwood for it and then aboost a pump and then I am done. Then I might sell it. Going to turbo charge my new ss camaro. We will see.

·
Slowbra
1,656 Posts
I'm fairly certain that's a real roush Cobra. Don't think they did performance modifications to the cars back in '99 but they did body kits. That would explain the lack of suspension/engine mods. If they aren't sure, noone can be sure though. Guess they didn't keep track of what VIN's they modified..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 99 Cobra that I bought new. Real low miles. Anyway, I talked to the Roush guys right after I bought the car about doing a Roush conversion. They told me that the only thing they would do to a 99 Cobra was exactly what you have. A body kit and side exhaust. No engine or suspension mods. They did say that the car would get a Roush VIN though so that leads me to believe that the original owner just added the parts himself rather than pay Roush to do it.

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I 100% purchased a 1999 electric green hardtop roush Cobra. It had the basic wheel set, a tool kit in the trunk roush floor mats but they left off the rear window sticker which I thought was always odd and I was always planning on ordering it but never did I wanted to keep it authentic. I do recall the recall no pun intended. However, that car was probably one of my favorite cars I've ever driven. The dealership I purchased it from is Jim tidwell Ford and they had two a convertible Cobra and a hardtop Cobra and just turning 17 my old man got me the hardtop Yes I know spoiled.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts