Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering looking into this car I found at a dealership on craigslist. The ad says it "Has Steeda Work Done, Exhaust, Air Intake" but I can't figure out exactly what this Vortec thing is. Can anyone shed some light?

·
Banned
610 Posts
What kind of car is it? Because I'm pretty sure that's a gm engine cover for their vortec series. I might be mistaken though.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
164 Posts
What kind of car is it? Because I'm pretty sure that's a gm engine cover for their vortec series. I might be mistaken though.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Yeah, looks like an Escalade.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick response guys. It's a 99 GT.

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
If it's a 99 GT then someone's put a tubular K member in it to install an LS engine. I bet that thing boogies.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Thats not a 99 GT...

Wiper cowl is wrong...They have the wrong photo up

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it's a 99 GT then someone's put a tubular K member in it to install an LS engine. I bet that thing boogies.
:D Sounds good to me. Hopefully I get it. I was looking at a mid January purchase since I've been seeing it on CL for the past month. Thanks for the help guys!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea they messed up and put the wrong photo there...The cowl is wrong for that engine picture to be correct
Any idea what year it would be? Looks like it has the 35th anniversary badging, but it's hard to tell if the photo is of the same car. I don't know configurations well enough to know that it's wrong. I guess I'll call them up and ask but I don't want to be lied to because I'm a kid trying to buy a Mustang.

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Any idea what year it would be? Looks like it has the 35th anniversary badging, but it's hard to tell if the photo is of the same car. I don't know configurations well enough to know that it's wrong. I guess I'll call them up and ask but I don't want to be lied to because I'm a kid trying to buy a Mustang.

Looks like the rest of the info is correct, same side emblems as my 99 GT.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts

Everything else look correct for a 99

·
Registered
907 Posts
That picture is a GM truck

yukon
tahoe
pickup
Escalade

Obviously a mistake of posting the wrong picture in the ad.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Looking at the ad I would steer clear of this deal! Here is what I see...

1. First it looks like a shady dealership. The "we finance everyone no interest charges" jumps out at me. A used car dealership that claims 0% APR financing is lying or doing some other sahdy ****.

2. The car deosn't look like a jewel. I'll explain why...

Projector head lights

Think about the type of owner that would put those on with a billet grill and stop there. Would you want to inherit a car from from that guy????

Window sticker says $6999 ad is for $4999

It's in poor taste to post pictures of a car with different selling price on the window, in my opinion. Makes me think AGAIN this is a shotty dealership. Also makes me think the car has been sitting for some time to be asking so much lower that what is on the window.

Bummper sticker

Says more about the previous owner. Not a good thing in my eyes.

A couple more things I noticed:

-Doesn't say how many miles on it
-No interior pictures
-Seems to be parked at the back of the lot. If they were proud of it I'm thinking it would be towards the front not out back next to a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant
-No engine picture. Mistakes on the ad showes AGAIN poor taste and lack of attention to detail

Hope this helps bro. Good luck finding a good clean car. This car is priced decent at $4999 and is ok for a project car but not a good daily driver in my opinion. Probably stupid high milage and owned by someone who wasn't a real enthusiast. Interior is probably well worn, and with stupid high miles and a auto it's probably time for some love in that area. Def not a platform to drive daily and slap 10 PSI of boost on and roll. lol

If you do decide to go with this car for what ever reason. Make sure you take cash and don't use their financing. Get a loan from your own bank if you need to finance.

*** This is just my opinion from looking at cars my whole life. Take it for what it is. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looking at the ad I would steer clear of this deal! Here is what I see...

1. First it looks like a shady dealership. The "we finance everyone no interest charges" jumps out at me. A used car dealership that claims 0% APR financing is lying or doing some other sahdy ****.

2. The car deosn't look like a jewel. I'll explain why...

Projector head lights

Think about the type of owner that would put those on with a billet grill and stop there. Would you want to inherit a car from from that guy????

Window sticker says $6999 ad is for $4999

It's in poor taste to post pictures of a car with different selling price on the window, in my opinion. Makes me think AGAIN this is a shotty dealership. Also makes me think the car has been sitting for some time to be asking so much lower that what is on the window.

Bummper sticker

Says more about the previous owner. Not a good thing in my eyes.

A couple more things I noticed:

-Doesn't say how many miles on it
-No interior pictures
-Seems to be parked at the back of the lot. If they were proud of it I'm thinking it would be towards the front not out back next to a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant
-No engine picture. Mistakes on the ad showes AGAIN poor taste and lack of attention to detail

Hope this helps bro. Good luck finding a good clean car. This car is priced decent at $4999 and is ok for a project car but not a good daily driver in my opinion. Probably stupid high milage and owned by someone who wasn't a real enthusiast. Interior is probably well worn, and with stupid high miles and a auto it's probably time for some love in that area. Def not a platform to drive daily and slap 10 PSI of boost on and roll. lol

If you do decide to go with this car for what ever reason. Make sure you take cash and don't use their financing. Get a loan from your own bank if you need to finance.

*** This is just my opinion from looking at cars my whole life. Take it for what it is. Hope it helps.
Wow. Great posts guys! You all have helped out a lot. I'm going to call and find out what that engine bay pic is about.

thats a vortec 6000, 6.0L. Escalade, Denali, Vortec Max, 2500HD etc

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So the dealership tells me that they made a mistake posting that pic.

Either way, they said the car has CAI, flowmasters and a chip. He says he doesn't know what kind of chip.

He sent me 2 pics. 1 engine bay and 1 interior shot. They also updated their craigslist post with the right pic.

Clothe seats are a big turn off.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts