Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 07 Mustang GT a couple of weekends ago. Well, myself and a few guys a worked noticed it really didn't sound like stock. I mean its close but slightly different. Well after looking under the car and looking online what the stock mufflers looked like,and I realized these are not stock mufflers.

After doing more research I am thinking Dynamax racing bullets. Does anyone possible know what these might be? They were welded in. I don't like the pipe sticking out the back, but I wasn't going to let that keep me from buying since many upgrades will come down the road.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I am on board with you, dynomax. its looks like a glasspack type designe

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am on board with you, dynomax. its looks like a glasspack type designe
Thanks, that's I all I could find that matched. I would like to change out to Flowmasters eventually. It looks like the previous owner still kept it clamped, so I should be able to easily swap out to an axle-back without cutting and welding. Agree?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are those the stock clamps in the photos?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Thanks, that's I all I could find that matched. I would like to change out to Flowmasters eventually. It looks like the previous owner still kept it clamped, so I should be able to easily swap out to an axle-back without cutting and welding. Agree?
Yeah as long as the main exhaust pipe wasn't cut to fit in those mufflers you'll be fine. Look into pypes mid muffler exhaust, I am in love with my exhaust note.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am actually trying to decide on a Intake, axleback exhaust or short throw shifter. I hate the stock shifter.

·
Registered
789 Posts

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
I am actually trying to decide on a Intake, axleback exhaust or short throw shifter. I hate the stock shifter.
definitely go with a cai and tuner combo. changing the shifter is an huge difference even if it doesn't add any power. you'll love it, but i would do the cai/tuner first

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No that's an axle back. I have a whole new exhaust set up. It relocates the mufflers to the middle of the exhaust system. Check under catback systems on AM. its pypes m80 mid muffler exhaust. Its only like 380$. Id post a link but I'm on my droid right now and its a pain in ass lol.

The exhaust sounds like a 2v or 4v. Its very clean
Got it, that does sound pretty good.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I know everbody has a preferance with exhaust but have a listen to the jba axle back, imho they are the best hands down

1 - 13 of 13 Posts