Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I figured this was the best place to ask my question. Does anyone know if the site called everythingcarparts.com is okay to buy from? I am considering buying a set of fogs for my 2000 from them because they have a kit with yellow lenses and yellow HIDs. Here's the direct link to the product I'm looking at:
99-04 Ford Mustang Yellow Fog Lights 3000K HID 00 01 02

I can't find many reviews for the site, so I was just wondering if I should order from here since it has basically what I want in a kit.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
No way. Overpriced. DDMtuning.com. They've got awesome products at much lower prices. Unless you're looking for the housings and all. Then get some clear or smoked housings on ebay and HIDs from DDM.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I've really been searching around for yellow housing fog lights and these are the first I've seen that look half decent. I know I could use Lamin-X over clear lenses, but I really like this golden yellow look. But I guess another question I want to ask is what does everything think about yellow lensed fog lights? I have a Bright Atlantic Blue V6, and I figure if any color can pull off yellow fogs, it would be blue, haha.

·
Registered
928 Posts
um you dont need yellow housings at all hid bulbs for like $15 at most on ebay or go to ddm imo opinion yellow are hideous and when I see a car with them it bothers me but to each there own id look elsewhere though

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I wouldn't buy from them.

If you don't mind with having clear fogs then you can go get a $50 ebay fog light housing kit and $35 ebay HID kit.

$85 shipped for the both of them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know why I like yellow lenses. I guess it reminds me of the blue WRXs with the yellow fog lights or something which I always liked. I'd really rather make buying from eBay a last resort. I just always hear about things breaking or being worse quality than other places.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Well, I've really been searching around for yellow housing fog lights and these are the first I've seen that look half decent. I know I could use Lamin-X over clear lenses, but I really like this golden yellow look. But I guess another question I want to ask is what does everything think about yellow lensed fog lights? I have a Bright Atlantic Blue V6, and I figure if any color can pull off yellow fogs, it would be blue, haha.
I think clear or smoked lenses would look 100x better. Yellow HIDs look fine, but I think yellow lenses are going to look really awkward unless you're doing a whole blue and yellow theme for the car.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I don't know why I like yellow lenses. I guess it reminds me of the blue WRXs with the yellow fog lights or something which I always liked. I'd really rather make buying from eBay a last resort. I just always hear about things breaking or being worse quality than other places.
If you buy from a reputable seller and make sure to seal the housings with RTV silicone prior to installation then you'll be just fine with ebay fog lights ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the owner before me put on golden rocker stripes, but I don't know, I was thinking of switching those out sometime, too. I've always kinda thought yellow would look best with blue.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'd much rather buy off ebay than an unknown internet shop.

With ebay you get buyer protection. If the item isn't what the ad describes then they will refund you. I've installed about 15 ebay HID kits now and none have had any problems.

Just leave your yellow HIDs on while driving with clear lenses.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Well, the owner before me put on golden rocker stripes, but I don't know, I was thinking of switching those out sometime, too. I've always kinda thought yellow would look best with blue.
Yellow does look good with blue in general. Just seeing yellow fog lights with clear headlights always reminds me of imports :dunno

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
+1 on just getting yellow hid fogs.

And you can get those exact same yellow fog housings on ebay for half the price if you really really want those.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mp4: Do you have a favorite or recommended seller that you use to get HIDs kits?

SilverSixer: The cheapest I can find for the good looking yellow housings on eBay is $75 shipping included. I don't like the bright yellow ones, partly because the seller has them upside down in his pictures, haha.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know guys. Maybe my searching skills just suck, but the $110 kit from my opening post is still cheaper than buying an HID conversion kit and fogs from anywhere else.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Gimme a few minutes and I'll see what I can dig up about the company. Sometimes it's worth it to pay the extra and know you're going to get your items and they're going to be good quality.

Edit: I can't find anything bad about the company, however I can't find anything about the company at all. Their own website basically dominates the search results that includes their name. Good news, they don't show up on Ripoff Report. If you want to order from them, you can be the test subject since I haven't heard of anyone else around here ordering from them :dunno

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I shot them an e-mail and they told me that the fog light set is brandless, but they assured me they'd fit and work just like OEM. Some of the other yellow fogs I've been looking at are made by the brand Spyder. Anyone know if Spyder makes quality enough products?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
mp4: Do you have a favorite or recommended seller that you use to get HIDs kits?
I just use whoever is cheapest and ships from the US. I've bought from 8 different sellers now without problems.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts