Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm trying to get some advice on what I can do to get them time down a little. Seems a little high for my mph. My mods are a Vortech setup, 4:10's, 315/30/18 hoosiers, and Lowering springs. I know the springs are not a good setup for the track so I will have some drag springs in soon. Here is my slip.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
With a 117.33mph trap, you could definatley be 11.7-11.8. With some more practice you should be down there. How is it out of the hole? Bogging at all? Thats a good 60 foot, but it could be better. If you can swing it I would look for some 15" or 16" MT ET Streets, or Hoosier QTP's

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I would have went with a smaller rim so that I could get my slicks to wrinkle and grab a little better, but I just bough new rims and tires. I am running 315/30/18 Hoosiers outback. After I get sfc's, control arms, and some new springs I may put some all weather tires on my 18x10 rims and buy a set of dedicated set of 15" or "16 wheels/tires. For some reason the only time I could get the car to dead hook was the first run, It was all down hill from there.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
117 mph with 4.10s means you must be running 4th out pretty hard? I can only trap at 115 (bouncing off the rev limiter basically). Did you raise you rev limiter? or do you get into 5th?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I trapped at 117mph with 4.10's. Stock tire size too. My tuner reved my car to 6500rpm, thats right about where I was going through the traps. I put my rev limiter at 6800rpm. Its better to over rev alittle then to hit the fuel cut on a boost application.

OP, definatley can do better. Just practice. And when you can, go with 16 or 15" wheels and sticky tires.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Thats why I swapped to 3.73s. In a way I miss the 4.10's, but the 3.73s are fun on the highway.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Thats why I swapped to 3.73s. In a way I miss the 4.10's, but the 3.73s are fun on the highway.
have you run the 3.73s at the track yet?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
not a bad short time. if you go to a big and little set up and get the heavy 18's off, you can shave time off. 117 is good for 11.5 if you are hooking hard.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
have you run the 3.73s at the track yet?
Yeah, same et 12.7 but I was getting belt slip only making 7-8psi and my ET was down to 107-111mph. Shitty DA. I probably wont be up there for a while. Its supposed to rain all week, and I dont like making passes when its hot out. I think its pointless. Ill probably wait til September.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Weird you only ran 88mph in the 1/8th but ran 117mph in the 1/4th sounds like it pulls hard when it starts building boost

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep the motor is all stock besides the blower, so she lacks a little on the bottom end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts