Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to this hole v6 world

what are some good mods to put on my mustang

how hard will it be to put x or h pipes on it?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Generaly start with CAI, UDP, H-pipe, 3.70s
then perhaps some 1.7 RR, ported upper & lower

lowering springs will help

·
Registered
214 Posts
CAI is cool and all, but don't put it in your first batch of mods. I'd say go with a split port swap first and foremost. PM Christorres, he'll hook ya up. Then get a true dual exhaust to give your pony some breathing. No one likes a stuffy 'Stang, after all. Then get some new gears depending on your tranny type (I read somewhere that 3.70's are better for t-5s while the 4.10 are better for automatics but don't quote me and if that's the case then get 4.10s). TLOK ftw at that point. After that stuff is done porting would be a good call.

There's a post here, somewhere, with all the first steps to look into but i cant... OF ****! I found it! Bookmarked FTMFW!!!!

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/10836-first-modifications-your-mustang-look-here.html
^^^ ****ING BAM!

Don't forget to scroll down to see the guy who says something about the subframe ****. Dude knows his 'Stangs. =P

-poindexter-

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
whoa....you guys are jumpin into serious mods besides the basics. dual exhaust, t-lok/gears and a tuner are very good first mods. After them a CAI, headers, mid-pipe, and UDP.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
whoa....you guys are jumpin into serious mods besides the basics. dual exhaust, t-lok/gears and a tuner are very good first mods. After them a CAI, headers, mid-pipe, and UDP.
split port swap serious?
if i have a single port that'd be the FIRST thing i did
96bboy was smart and did that :)
he opt with the p&p heads and intake
very inteligent

i personally would rather save up for something more benificial then getting exhaust and intake, and bolt ons to add $500-1000 and not gain as much as a split port swap or a ported swap

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
thats very true except how many people here can do a head swap? Not alot of people are as knowledgeable about taking apart an engine....and to change the heads you have to take apart most of the engine. HP/$$$ value def worth it.....but still kind of a big project thats all im saying.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
i know the split-port is one of the major differences...but there ARE numerous other changes.
When it comes to hp what are the other changes?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
a split port is the what gives the hp diferance betwen the new edge and sn-95's

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
O I know that but shadow said it was ONE of the main differences. I was curious what he thought the other main differences were :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
well the new edge as 40hp more hp and isnt that the main difference
A ported & polished dual port install, combined with all the other bolt-ons, will put it well past a stock New Edge:D

and don't forget the lowering springs..............

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
thats very true except how many people here can do a head swap? Not alot of people are as knowledgeable about taking apart an engine....and to change the heads you have to take apart most of the engine. HP/$$$ value def worth it.....but still kind of a big project thats all im saying.
+1

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i want to put a cobra 4.6 tran and motor in my mustang but im not shore what all i will need other then the motor,computer exhaust and motor mounts lol

·
Registered
300 Posts
i want to put a cobra 4.6 tran and motor in my mustang but im not shore what all i will need other then the motor,computer exhaust and motor mounts lol

I don't wanna assume but you probably don't know how to do the work and it's not just a 1day project... your talking about taking almost every piece of your drivetrain out.

I say first mods should be: Splitport swap, T-lok, 3.73 gears, Exhaust, CAI, tuner, and UD pulley.. see how happy you are at that point then go from there. BUT, if you want cobra power save up for the 8.8 rear-end and a S/C or Turbo.. fuel injectors.. fuel pump.. MAF.. Dyno tune.. ect. AND when you get going that fast you need a suspension/brake system to back it up.. H&R or eibach springs, bilestin shocks and struts, steeda sway bars, panhard bar, C&C plates. some subframe connectors ..Bullit brake upgrade kit..

It all adds up. But, whatever people on here are all about making speed without making a car that drives like it's supposed to go fast.. Just take the 10minutes to get up to 100mph and see how quick you can stop =]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i dont no much about fords

but i have been working on motors for years im a big rig mechanic yea i no its not an over night thing

but i have an empty 300/200 foot garage and some buddys that will do any thing for a beer

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
its really easier and cheaper to just buy a cobra or Gt if yur trying to do a motor swap. unless you are going BIG....its just not worth it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts