Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am just about done with my intercooler powerpipe and new hpx blowthru mass meter. MY car is tuned to my stock maf will i have any issues starting my car to let idle and to check for leaks ? i still have the same 39 injectors i had

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Just so you know your MAF will be freaking out and you will end up fouling your plugs if its running rich rather then lean. If it will start I would say at an idle for a minute to check for leaks you will be ok, But I wouldnt drive anywhere until you get it tuned.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
IF that MAF is calibrated to those injectors, you should be fine.

I went from stock maf and 21lb injectors. Put my PMAS blow through MAF in and 42lb injectors, with the MAF calibrated to the injectors size. It started, idled, and drove absolutley fine without any tune.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Idk if you went from draw through to blow through? But make sure the IAC is going after the MAF, otherwise itll stall out.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i don't think the slot style maf's come calibrated to any specific injector, but i could be wrong.

i'd call my tuner and ask for an email/startup tune personally.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I wouldn't drive it personally

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You did not even tell us what size pipe the hpx is in. I would not drive it. Or if you know that your load with failed maf table is correct you could leave the maf unplugged.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Get a base tune emailed to you from your tuner. I wouldn't start it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Pretty sure the MAF hasn't been calibrated to injector size for a long time. Get an email start up tune from the tuner would be what I would do.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes i was draw thru ok thanks guys my tuner has been mia so ill just wait i was going to leave my stock maf hooked up to start and check for leaks but took it out last night to finish building the powerpipe, but ill just wait to start or put my stock back in first

1 - 11 of 11 Posts