Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my car is a 99 and i am going to be building up a motor out of an 03 gt, so will all the accessories and timing cover and oil pan and sensors swap right over???? Or do i need to get all the 03 parts????..... Thanks

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
i think some of the brackets are diffrent, the base of the motors the same, but i think that were some stuff bolts to the outer part of the motor is diffrent, and im not sure when they started making the motors in the romero plant, but if its windsor to romero i think the internals are diffrent, like the main caps using jack screws on the romero, and dowles on the windsor, plus some outer stuff like the head covers, and timing chain cover and stuff

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
i tried to look up some stuff and couldnt find much, but if i were u i would just get a whole 03 motor. iam pretty sure the wiring harness will work, but the only mod motor iv evr messed with is an 02 romero. just get an 03 longblock and drop it in

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that would be a great thing if they are both romeo blocks, does anyone know how to find out???.... i thought it was the number of valve cover bolts was the way of telling the difference???..... How many for which block??.... Thanks!!

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I think if my memory serves my correctly it will have w on it for windsor or an r for romeo. Not sure though

·
Registered
428 Posts
you can look at your valve cover bolts to identify also. If your valve covers have 11 bolts its a Romeo, If they have 13/14 bolts then its a Windsor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts