Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I bought a couple of Shelby GT500 08 mufflers (same as the GT takeoffs...) and am preparing to equip them to my 05 mustang v6 along with an x-pipe dual exhaust system. Here's my question: I was wondering if I could use the "Ford Racing Cut and Clamp X-Pipe (05-10 GT)" on my v6? I've noticed there are v6-specific x-pipes at American Muscle, but I don't see any reason why this one would not work?

Here is a link to the product page:

Ford Racing Cut and Clamp X-Pipe (05-10 GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yes it will work you'll just need the drivers side pipe from the x to the.muffler

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now if I went to a shop and told them to install the x-pipe and mufflers, would they already know to provide the drivers or is that something I should probably buy? If so, where can I find one?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
^^^exactly. theyll know what to do. just tell them what you want

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help so far. Now would it simply be easier to take the mufflers in and let them put their own x-pipe in or provide it? I'm not sure if the ford racing pipe versus a "random" x-pipe would yield a difference in noise. I'm trying to decide whether to let them handle the x-pipe or if I should buy my own and provide it for them.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Again, you can ask them to fab up an X pipe or an H pipe. They just measure, bend, and weld. I don't think there would be a sound difference. Maybe if they fab an X pipe for you, it would be cheaper. It all depends on them. Ask them how much would it cost for a custom exhaust. Give them examples and they should give you a close estimate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts