Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal, a little section of my roof is peeling, and behind the quarter windows on both sides have little sections of paint missing. The bottom of my door is also missing a lot of paint.

My car is white, and would be pretty easy to paint, and not to mess up, and also it won't fade.

My car has a lot of dings and nicks everywhere, and im not going for a show quality finish, i just want it covered up. Is this a good idea?

·
Registered
546 Posts
If worried about rust just get some sort of primer and cheap auto spray paint and save whatever amount you were gonna spend on maaco or any other mods and get it professionally paint asap. Also just paint and prime the areas you can see body metal to avoid the rust and just wait to get the rest done.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
well the only way Maaco will paint it is if you do the prep work

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
which then itll peel off in a year anyways

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
well the only way Maaco will paint it is if you do the prep work
The maaco's in maryland prep cars and do body work. I guess they are individually owned and decisions are made internally.:confused:

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
which then itll peel off in a year anyways
wrong, maaco uses quality PPG Paint, good stuff, the only reason they peel is cuz there not preped.

maybe if you actually knew something about paint you would know

·
Registered
300 Posts
wrong, maaco uses quality PPG Paint, good stuff, the only reason they peel is cuz there not preped.

maybe if you actually knew something about paint you would know
Dude! SO, I can sand my car down, primer it 4 times, tape off all my windows and lights, THEN take it to maaco and have them run it through a automatic carwash style paint booth, and come out with a sexy paint job that will last!?! No..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts