Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys. some of you might have seen my transmission thread. I just wanted to open one for this question. if im swapping a t45 from a 99 cobra into my 98 GT which clutch do i buy. the one for the 99 cobra or 98 GT?
only difference i know of are the outer dimensions. cobra ones 280mm and gt's 265mm.
Is this different because the flywheels are different? if so then i assume i need the 98 GT one to match my 6 bolt flywheel

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what im asking. which one will fit because i have only seen the 6 bolt flywheels in 265 mm (98 gt size) the 8 bolts are 280mm in which case wont fit onto my 98 GT?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still trying to figure this out. what clutch can i put into my 98 gt. I will be putting a t45 from a 99 cobra in and will be installing a new clutch at the same time. I know the cobra clutches are 11" and gts are 10.5"
trying to figure out if both flywheels are the same on 99 cobra and 98 GT so i can buy a 11" clutch or if i need the 10.5" one

·
Registered
189 Posts
You need to get the Clutch that mates to your Flywheel, both of the transmissions should have a 10 Spline Input shaft so that part doesn't matter. What matters is the Flywheel to Clutch.

You need to buy a 10.5" Clutch for your Mustang, since you are currently using the Flywheel of your 98 GT.

When you upgrade cranks to the 8 bolt is when you would need to purchase the 11" Flywheel and Clutch.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gotcha. thats what i thought. just wanted to double check. thanks guys

and great i had a brand new clutch here but thought i needed a different so i sold it. haha. o well. if anyone wants an 8 bolt flywheel and 99 cobra clutch let me know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts