Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure most of your cars lock out out of lower gears as your speed increases which is nice at certain times. But I just can't for the life of me figure out how it determines at what speed/rpm to lock you out of the previous gear. Sometimes I can't get into 3rd until I'm under 50mph and sometimes I can get back into it at nearly 70mph. Same with second, sometimes I'm stuck out until 30mph and sometimes I can get in at 50mph. So I'm curious as to it works that way?

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Somethin may be worn, whether synchros (my opinion) or what that's giving you grief on some of your shifts. The lock-outs as we shall call them here wouldn't prevent you shifting to third until <50mph, 3rd will rev out to at least 80mph stock. And I don't know if these cars have them on any gear other than 1st. And even then I know someone who had a stock '00 and for whatever reason the idiot downshifted from 4th to 1st, clutch still engaged (supposedly) and it let him right in, and then proceeded to drop the clutch...so either his was gone (if possible) or I dunno.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts