Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what i would run in the 1/4 mile. My car is a 2003 automatic Mustang with the pony package. I have a K&N intake and a Flowmaster super 44 exhaust and i removed all 4 catalytic converters. My rims are the stock 16' and i live in Florida. Someone told me i would run a 15.8 in the 1/4 mile so i was wondering if that time was right or not. So if any one could let me know what i would run or could just let me know what i would run around that would be helpful thanks.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
no body can tell u what u will run, they can only guess. it al depends on what kind of driver you are. im gonna say low 16s

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
prolly 69

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I have a 2003 V6, Auto, Dual Flowmaster 40s, 17" painted Rims, Street Tires, and I had two 12s in the back and I ran a 16.8. HOWEVER... it was like 100 degrees that day and not toooo far above sea level.

I would have to say high to mid 16s as well depending on your ability and the car's condition. I have not gotten my reaction time down good yet.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I have pretty similar mods and I've only ever been able to run mid 16's...so I would say low or mid 16's for you since your car is newer and probably in a bit better running shape.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I have a 2003 V6, Auto, Dual Flowmaster 40s, 17" painted Rims, Street Tires, and I had two 12s in the back and I ran a 16.8. HOWEVER... it was like 100 degrees that day and not toooo far above sea level.

I would have to say high to mid 16s as well depending on your ability and the car's condition. I have not gotten my reaction time down good yet.
Its ok Z reaction time has nothing to do with your ET :hug

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
When I shitty at driving (not saying im the best now) I ran 10 flats in the 1/8 which is about 15.6 in the 1/4..that was just cat back, CAI, tune and UD pulleys. which 15.6 for that isnt so hot

Where in Florida are you located
should be able to runs 15s no problem

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So i finally went to the track today i wasnt expecting to go so i filled my tank when my friend invited me to go so my car ran a 15.803 i think i could of ran a 15.7 because i forgot to take traction control off so when i lunched i could feel traction control holding me for a bit and i think if i would of had less gas say at least a quater of a tank left i think that would of helped my time anyways but yeah i just wanted to come back and post what i ran to let people know.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
get a sct tuner, it will make your shifts so much better. do it

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
I ran 11.67 in the 1/8th when I was stock...which equals to about 17ish in th 1/4.
Decent tires will do you some justice.
IMO stickier tires cant help a 17 second car out that much LMFAO

you dont need to worry about traction when you dont have the power to spin your tires.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.