Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy tells me that his 1999 GT has a full cobra swap pushing 600 horsepower, to me this likes like a 2v and not a 4v, what motor is this??

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
looks like a 2v with either bullitt intake or trick flow cant really tell

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
2V all day

·
Engine Desroyer
522 Posts
Yea a 2V you can tell by valve covers a cobra is twice as big!

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts
Cobra what? Nothing in the engine bay has anything to do with a cobra

Not sent from a stupid Apple device

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
2v tri k flow intake possibly, it has a comp cams sticker, so what's it sound like? And what does it look like, maybe the exterior looks as if its a cobra. If its a full cobra swap. It SHOULD also have a independent rear

·
Registered
484 Posts
Like others said its a 2v but at this point who cares it already has a nice setup with the trickflow intake fuel rails and a novi. Did you ask what cabra parts are swapped?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Guy tells me that his 1999 GT has a full cobra swap pushing 600 horsepower, to me this likes like a 2v and not a 4v, what motor is this??

That is a late model PI 2v 4.6 (Oil fill is on the passenger side) with a bullitt style trick flow intake and a paxton NOVI supercharger, aftermarket injectors and fuel rails.

The injectors are black so that tells us nothing about the size. Stock is pink. 42s are green. 60s and above are usually black but there is no way to tell for certain when they are black.

Even though it's a 2V it could very well have 600HP but I wouldn't trust someone who is talking out of their ass saying that is a cobra motor. Also I have never seen a paxton on a 99-04 mustang. Not sure why that is but it's usually always a Vortech or Procharger.

1999-2004 4.6L Mustang GT Supercharger Systems | Paxton Superchargers

·
Registered
754 Posts
2V because of the wiring! looks cramped and messing like most 2Vs do and valve covers huge giveaway, if it were a cobra those valve covers would be raised and widened alot.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
dude op u own a mach 1 :facepalm: you should be able to tell the difference

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Looks like a Crown Vic 2V motor with a Paxton Novi 2000 blower and a different looking Bulllit style intake. Could be 600rwhp could not.... If its in the vehicle still take it for a drive and find out. Either way its a pretty nice setup.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Yep, that's a 2v.

Can't tell if it's forged or not. If it actually has 600rwhp, it must be forged.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts