Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the previous owner was in a front end accident with my car and i was wondering if there is any way to fix this and how if there is? these are the spots where the front bumper connects. thanks

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Your best bet is to buy a new header panel, you can get one brand new for under $100.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol thanks bullit your teaching me a lot tonight :) i honestly looked and tried following it to see if you can replace it but it looked like it was one huge piece and couldnt be replaced. do you know what has to be taken out to replace it? obviously headlights and such

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
It would be easy to do while you're doing the bumper cover. The bumper cover must come off, since it slides into the header panel, which means that the headlights have to come out. After you get both of those off and the radiator cover off, there's just 8 bolts to swap it out.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
It would be easy to do while you're doing the bumper cover. The bumper cover must come off, since it slides into the header panel, which means that the headlights have to come out. After you get both of those off and the radiator cover off, there's just 8 bolts to swap it out.
Yeah, I forgot the bumper. That indeed comes off as well. :(

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah im doing the bumper cover, driver side fender and the panel all at once when it gets painted. thanks for all the help guys!!!

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
call MPS auto salvage in winder, ga....... lot cheaper to buy one from them than a new or repro unit.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
call MPS auto salvage in winder, ga....... lot cheaper to buy one from them than a new or repro unit.
Not if they have to ship it.....

I found a local place that supplies crash parts to local dealers, and they had one in stock for $89. Went and picked it up. I'm sure there would be somewhere similar in most larger towns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts