Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
no, the key has a resistor in it so they cant just cut one, its more complicated

·
Registered
138 Posts
ya try a ford dealership they just sold me a new key for like 20 bucks and they cut it for me

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
to open the door yes, to start the car no

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i think you need to start making lots of spares than :lmao

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i just need a key to open the door. and i heard ford charges a **** load for a key. less you can ask them for a key to just open the door for 20 bucks?

·
Registered
26 Posts
any key copy place can most likely make u a key to open the door yes.. but start ur car no so yea a spare can be made most likely only problem is.. how do u plan to get to the store lol

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
you can get it at wal-mart man, the door is just like any lock with tumblers that move into place when the key goes in, but to start the car the key needs to be chipped and programed, but just to open the door your good

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
dude what, just straighten out a coat hanger, bend one end in a J, slide it down between the window and the door, hook the lock pin, and pull up while opening the door

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
cause this is the 3rd time ive locked my self out. and i have 3 different answers lol
Something ive thought about for a while now. is installing a momentary throw switch thats piggy backed off the Lock unlock switch on the interior. run it to a discreet location and install on the exterior. say behind the wheel well plastic or behind your bumper cover on the front. behind the fog light some where that its pretty hidden and kinda a pain to get to. Wire it into the unlock portion of the interior switch.

then if u get locked out just wait till no one is looking stick ur hand under your car pop the locks and be on your way.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
dude what, just straighten out a coat hanger, bend one end in a J, slide it down between the window and the door, hook the lock pin, and pull up while opening the door
if its a new edge im pretty sure they have an anti-slimjim sill inside the door. ur better off sticking it in between the window and stripping and hitting the button.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Owning your tint ftmfw
thats why u use a wedge. clearly u need something to seperate the window from the weather stripping. thats how a tow company pops the lock on most vehicles. a pneumatic wedge and a stick to hit the button. or to pull the lock lever.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
thats why u use a wedge. clearly u need something to seperate the window from the weather stripping. thats how a tow company pops the lock on most vehicles. a pneumatic wedge and a stick to hit the button. or to pull the lock lever.
I don't have that problem so I wouldn't know:D

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
if its a new edge im pretty sure they have an anti-slimjim sill inside the door. ur better off sticking it in between the window and stripping and hitting the button.
yeah thats what I said lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts