Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 mustang and put 2008 mustang GT wheels on it with 1.5 spacers up front and 1 inch spacers in back. I have balanced the tires twice and check everything up front and no bolts loose. I have also had it aligned as well. It vibrates at 40mph plus and on big bumps in the road I get a rattle which sounds like the front end. Just curious if anybody else has had this problem? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Why do people put spacers on? i don't know anything about them. this tread just got me thinking about it. sorry to get off topic brutha

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
so the wheels are flush with the fenders :dunno. but if it didn't rattle or anything before you put the spacers on then maybe thats the problem. or check for flat spots in the tires

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i put them on to correct the offset. Also when i put the wheels on i also put new upper control arms in and did the shelby drop.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
if the spacers have oblong holes in them they can run out of balance if you dont have deep set lug nuts to keep them lined up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You need to drill and tap the rims and screw the spacers directly to them. Then balance the wheel/tire/spacer assembly and install.

Tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts