Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up a brand new jlt cai off of ebay for 76 bucks shipped! i got it from the same seller that i got my 2010 style gt500 19s for less than 200 for 2 of them so i know its legit. the intake will be in early next week. now i just need to get a tuner. and as soon as i get that ill be getting rid of my K&N kit in case anyone is interested

·
Registered
597 Posts
you need the tuner before installing the JLT! or CEL codes and poor drivability will be all you get.

·
Registered
597 Posts
and great deal too! lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
yea you have to tune it with the JLT no matter what which you probably know. and your really lucky man you get the best deals on stuff what are you doing to get these parts for so cheap huh?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol. yes guys i know that it needs to be tuned thats why my k&n kit its staying on till i get my tuner. as far as how i find these deals, most of the time i just check ebay, ALOT! lol but i got my hood locally from craigslist and my exhaust from my friend. i also have alot of friends with mustangs so that helps and theres a local mustang shop that sells tons of mustang parts both new and used. i can get pretty much anything from there

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow that's an awesome deal! I always check for good deals like that but can never find any so I get impatient and just buy new like everyone else. Good luck on finding a good deal on a tuner. Go with a 93 Octane tune, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well im buying the tuner new from american muscle just because they offer the free tunes for life.

·
Registered
584 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey you guys with the jlt, can it be ran on the car without a tune or will the car not run at all. i know it will throw a cel due to the increased size of the maf housing but will the car run ok

·
Registered
584 Posts
I wanna say no. When I first got my combo, got the intake installed and didn't load the tune correctly and the car idled terribly and would stall out. Not 100% positive but I don't think you can.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah just makin sure. lol. my car did the same thing. its killing me to have to wait for the tuner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts