Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I found a mustang gt that the guy is selling for 2200 he says he put sct tuner on it and blew the motor I was wanting to know how this happend he doesnt sound like he knows alot about cars by the fact that I asked him how it was shot and he says it just doensnt run.... any help here would be nice

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
probably was doing something stupid like taching it out or something. most blown motors are not na, although you could spin a rod bearing with low oil.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Doesnt run or does start? Because I just got an SCT tuner and it ruined my CCRM which controls the fuel pump. But I replaced it and everythings good now. :D

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
If he started playing with the fuel and timing himself on the tuner, then yes, it could be possible IMO. With a canned tune though I highly doubt it. Either something else was wrong with the car, or he is just an r-tard.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I saw the ad on craigslist texarkana. just relisted it today w no engine pic. If you look at the pic of the engine, you'll see a hole in the intake tube right before the throttle body. I figure he/they had a dry NO2 in there and wasted the bottom end

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw the ad on craigslist texarkana. just relisted it today w no engine pic. If you look at the pic of the engine, you'll see a hole in the intake tube right before the throttle body. I figure he/they had a dry NO2 in there and wasted the bottom end
yep thats exactly the one i was talking about

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me grab the car for 2200 and drop a 5.0 into her. maybe spend 3k total on the car after its all said and done. (that's if you know how to motor swap and all that jazz)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts