Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is back in the transmission shop... As some of you may know I had my tr-3650 rebuilt and upgraded roughly 4,000 miles ago. I also replaced the clutch with a Ram Stg2, a stamped TOB, and put in a pro 5.0 shifter. The flywheel was not replaced.

The issue:
-The other day I went around to pass a car, pushed the clutch in and tried to upshift and the car wouldn't go into gear until I forcibly made it. I pulled over and did a little feeling around with the clutch/shifter and it was VERY ROUGH going into gears. I started driving again and sometimes it wouldn't let me go into gear (as if the clutch wasnt even engaged) and sometimes it would barely let me if I really put a lot of force into putting it in gear. I got home and put it in reverse, it will roughly get rolling then when i pushed the clutch in and kept rolling I could hear a winding down noise that would stop after about 3-4 seconds.

What do you guys think is the issue? I really didn't want to fork out anymore money for this car since I have to fix something every freaking week now. Hopefully this is just a clutch issue since the clutch is under warranty.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When the car is in gear it is 100% fine. It doesn't kick me out of gear, it doesn't grind, it doesnt do nothing abnormal until I try to shift, or use the clutch. When i was about 5 minutes away from the tranny shop (15 minute drive) I starting smelling the clutch really bad.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Sounds like the clutch disc isn't completely disengaging. Check the Fork and make sure it hasn't slid off of the pivot stud.... as well as the self adjusting quadrant. Pull the clutch pedal towards the back of the car to reset it, then push slowly with your foot to allow for adjustment.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help man but the car is already at the transmission shop that did the install of everything and the rebuild. I'm just trying to get a good guess at how much $$ I'm gonna have to fork out at getting the car fixed.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Thanks for the help man but the car is already at the transmission shop that did the install of everything and the rebuild. I'm just trying to get a good guess at how much $$ I'm gonna have to fork out at getting the car fixed.
if you paid someone to do the job you shouldnt have to pay anything to make it right, if i remember correctly you paid a siginificant amount to the shop.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I figured man but with my luck nowadays I'll wind up getting ****ed over probably close to $1000 on this... When it rains it pours.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
I have that problem with my ram powergrip. I think its because fork and stud was never replaced. but My trans is trash too. Bought a trans, fork, stud, and going to see if that fixes the issue. If not, Il get a different clutch

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm now to the point where I'm deciding whether or not I will just take this car to a dealer and see what theyll give me for it. I'm tired of fixing **** every single week. If it's not one thing it's another and I'm damn near close to $6,000 in this car. I'm ready to count my losses and buy a brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Sounds like the clutch disc isn't completely disengaging. Check the Fork and make sure it hasn't slid off of the pivot stud.... as well as the self adjusting quadrant. Pull the clutch pedal towards the back of the car to reset it, then push slowly with your foot to allow for adjustment.
Definitely agreed.

Siko, you have an aftermarket firewall adjuster and quadrant? If not, buy those, keep the stock cable

·
Registered
390 Posts
That's what I figured man but with my luck nowadays I'll wind up getting ****ed over probably close to $1000 on this... When it rains it pours.
this is why no one but i, touchs my stang, or drive it. my luk clutch is like new still with 80k miles and it has been tortured at times.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
this is why no one but i, touchs my stang, or drive it. my luk clutch is like new still with 80k miles and it has been tortured at times.
I had a shop do my clutch and flywheel becuase i was living in a apartment 4 hours away from my home town, other than that, i have done all the work on my car.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
^^ What he said.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tranny shop called. They said the clutch "disintrigated" and is in pieces due to it being defective. Good quality control Ram.... Called the place I bought the clutch from (Ford dealer) and they tell me that the warranty doesn't cover parts like brakes and cluthes. WTF the ****in clutch blew up after a few thousand miles and I was driving it normal. I wasn't hot-rodding it when it blew up. Taking it up to the dealer tomorrow and somehow someone is gonna give me my money back or they better give ma an insane hook up on a clutch and I'll need a flywheel as well..... When will it end

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont think they make a king cobra for the 3650? im goin to see if they can resurface it. i checked prices and holy ****. i was expecting to pay like ~$100 for a flywheel. Theyre like $250 average

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
i dont think they make a king cobra for the 3650? im goin to see if they can resurface it. i checked prices and holy ****. i was expecting to pay like ~$100 for a flywheel. Theyre like $250 average
O'reilly can get them for $80

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Jesus what a mess. And yeah I'm pretty sure there is a king cobra for the tr. Harder to find tho. Good luck tho

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
i looked online and didnt see **** but super expensive. i'll swing by there tomorrow and see what i can find
Check in store, could have swore i looked it up when i used to work there, but that was over a year ago, so they could have changed the inventory.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts