Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Saleen S281. I've added a set of ford racing shorty headers, underdrive pulleys, Cold air intake, 70mm Throttle body and lightweight driveshaft. It came from Saleen with 3.55's in it. I've also made some upgrades as I repaired or replaced items on the car. Rear upper and lower adjustable control arms w/ sway bar mounts. Poly bushings all the way around the rear suspension. I have replaced all the rear shocks as well. New poly motor mounts. new trans mount. caster camber plates. and unfortunately I had to ditch the chrome speedlines due to cracks in the rims. (A common problem for the speedline rims). I was planning on doing a p.i. swap with some better cams and a typhoon intake, with matched porting on the heads and intake, When I saw and purchased a 351 Roller block on Ebay. Now I want to bore the 351 .030 and add a forged 396 stroker kit. I understand if you top this off with Victor jr. heads and a good intake you will easily get over 500 HP at the rear wheels without supercharging. But I see the cobra R and saleen s351 were both rated below 500HP, making me wonder if I would still be able to pass emmisions testing with the 351 setup. I could sell the saleen and join up with the classic car guys and build up a 66-70 mustang but I realy LOVE my sn-95 saleen. Any suggestions on how to build great HP and Torque out of the 351 without losing the emmisions battle?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts