Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well like the title says can you? Would it be safe? Has anyone done it? My top is still only a couple months old but I want to keep fading to an absolute minimum lol. I have ocd about how my car looks I guess lol.

·
It's in the details Mod!
12,373 Posts
Stay away from the back to black. Use what AZ posted above. It is the only thing that my top will see. They carry a cleaner and protectant. Use them both and your top will stay looking new longer. It also helps bring back that top that is starting to fade.

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,816 Posts
If you can't find the 303 aerospace(I've never used it, but heard great things) I use Meguier's interior quick cleaner spray, then follow it up with Meguier's Natural Shine. Both can be had at walmart for about 10$

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright thanks guys for the quick responses. I used back to black on some of the exterior trim of my car that had white spots just from being 9 years old lol. Like the side mirrors and such. And it worked amazingly so I figured I would ask. I will look into all of the products listed thanks again.

·
It's in the details Mod!
12,373 Posts
Maybe I should have rephrased that. It will not cause any harm, that I am aware of. It's just you can find better. :sorry

·
Registered
34 Posts
Back-to-Black is more of a restorative than a dressing -- a bit of an overkill and not quite so easy to use.

A dressing would be more appropriate to maintain a top in good shape, and in the Mothers line there's Protecant for that purpose. Ace Hardware, O'Reilly, True Value, Car Quest, places like that sell it or online.

303 has good products, too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts