Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NEVER ENOUGH!
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a saleen vi and have been looking for a cheaper way than buying new but i have read some say you can use them i have heard they have a different spray pattern any one else hear this?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
I used 04 Cobra injectors on my 2010GT. Wasn't an issue.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Why sell your self short on injector now? If you have to go out of pocket again why not get something a little bigger with some room to grow? You'll be out of those 39s before you know it.

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
Why sell your self short on injector now? If you have to go out of pocket again why not get something a little bigger with some room to grow? You'll be out of those 39s before you know it.
39s are good until 500whp. After that he will have to forge the internals.

OP, just dont use the retaining clips on them, they are fine.

·
Registered
656 Posts
They will work on 4 valve or possibly 3 valve engines but not 2 valve.. I'm sure it would run with them in but funding would be a nightmare because it would be so inconsistent

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
They will work on 4 valve or possibly 3 valve engines but not 2 valve.. I'm sure it would run with them in but funding would be a nightmare because it would be so inconsistent
He has a 3v... Here are 39lbs on my 2010.

·
Registered
116 Posts
39s are good until 500whp. After that he will have to forge the internals.

And when has this stopped anyone? Personally I wouldn't run 39s to 500rwhp.

These numbers are from FRPP and can obvious vary by bumping up the base pressure etc.(http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/tipsPDF/ProperlySelectingEFIComp.pdf)

Inj Flow Rate (@ 40psid). Forced-Induction hp (@ 0.65)
29 lb/hr 199 hp @ 85% Duty Cycle
24 lb/hr 251 hp @ 85% Duty Cycle
30 lb/hr 314 hp @ 85% Duty Cycle
32 lb/hr 335 hp @ 85% Duty Cycle
39 lb/hr 408 hp @ 85% Duty Cycle
42 lb/hr 439 hp @ 85% Duty Cycle
47 lb/hr 492 hp @ 85% Duty Cycle
60lb/hr 628 hp @ 85% Duty Cycle

I know we are all into this because we like to push the limits but we tend to forget a fuel system is like a big safety net working to help keep things cool. Having gone through a few sets of injectors and fuel systems, I would have definitely not skimped the first time around if I could go back and do it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts