Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks.I am not able to find to much info on these heads to go with my set up.Iam picking up a set of canfield 54 cc my boss says they flow 210 all done up heads.Cam is a x303 with a 650cfm DP.My question is will I run into any problems and are these heads better than my built up GT40Ps.Thank you

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
They flow real similar to you gt40s. Not worth the swap IMO. Need to go with some brodix, tfs, or afrs
Huh? ... Those heads aren't even in the same league as GT-40 heads. Canfields and trick flows are very similar in design.

To the op, you have to have the flow number mixed up. Those should flow more than that box stock. That 54cc chamber will give you a little bump in compression and the heads will be much better than your GT-40s. You may run into PTV issues with them and the x303 tho, so be sure to check that beforehand and notch if necessary.

·
Banned
57 Posts
No question at all you will run into ptv issues... inline head with stock reliefs that are not enough radial ...cut at 54ccs will put the valve close to even with the deck giving you even less clearance

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Huh? ... Those heads aren't even in the same league as GT-40 heads. Canfields and trick flows are very similar in design.

To the op, you have to have the flow number mixed up. Those should flow more than that box stock. That 54cc chamber will give you a little bump in compression and the heads will be much better than your GT-40s. You may run into PTV issues with them and the x303 tho, so be sure to check that beforehand and notch if necessary.
See I agree, normally canfield would be great. I am not one into knowing specs on certain heads right now (when i was building and engine I was though)... if they flow 210 intake, then GT40P heads are just as well.....

Canfield and Brodix all make a lot of heads that are for restricted class racing too, so I could see them selling something that low flowing, because thats what th eclass requires.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All he said is the heads flow 210 with 54cc chambers I just dont want to run into any clearence issues.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
You may or may not run into clearance, you would have to check. There's a pretty good chance you will, but who knows. If they're milled to 54cc, then probably. But I've run more lift and duration then that with stock relief flat top pistons and been ok. If anything it's going to come down to if the heads were milled (probably were cause I can't remember a stock 54cc chamber canfield, but that doesn't mean there is not such thing) and how much. Notching pistons are easy though if you have to do it.

I think this guy has his numbers mixed up then. Maybe if they've been worked, they're 210cc intake runners. Or like fastback said 210 on the exhaust. Either way, I have never seen a set of canfields flow that low.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I stoped in at Livernois motorsports and talked to some guys there they informed me that I will have clearance problems and justa save up the money for some AFRs ot Trickflows.Thank you guys for all ur help much gratitude.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$450 cause he my boss other people 650

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
that seems like a good price to me

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I would try to get a part number off them and see what they are. Are they aluminum or iron heads? If they're aluminum, $450 is a steal.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There iron heads.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Ah, well that's not such a smokin deal then. Depending on what canfield heads they are and what work has been done to them, it might still be a deal, but this guy doesn't seem to know a whole lot about them, so who knows. I agree with those guys you talked to at this point. Better off passing and getting some good aluminums.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts