Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was dead set on getting the new gopro but its lil more then 400 bucks so i thought about getting a camera. I have ZERO camera knowledge or experience with this sort of stuff. Just looked between the t2i and t3i and there isn't really anything difference besides the flip out screen, How is this camera. Anyone have any pictures of their car that they took with this camera. Thanks

·
there's a tech section?
19,648 Posts
I use an XSi and a T2. Canons Rebel line is a quality low cost SLR.

A lot of your quality is gonna come from your lenses too. Figure out what range you usually shoot in and save up for a nice lens for that first.

Took this last night on a tripod with a remote shutter release:

And if you want action shots:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
The t3i also has slightly better audio/video controls than the t2i, but other than that and the swivel screen, it's the same camera.

You'll get great quality pictures from the t2i. I'm sure someone will be happy to provide some pictures for you, but you won't be able to tell a difference from a Nikon photo to a Canon photo so just check out the Photo A Day thread or the Weekly Photo Theme thread and you'll see what kind of pictures you can get.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well is there a better camera for the price?

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Do a little leg work on some low shutter count used camera bodies. There's plenty of people upgrading with all the recent sales and some good gear is out there. Another rush in used bodies will occur the month following Xmas. Heavy flood of folks sell there used gear because they were gifted an upgrade.

It's a good time to buy and a buyers market right now. Mid year most folks are looking for top dollar vs reclaiming money towards upgrades.

potn and fred miranda are safe spaces to purchase used. Your local craigslist area will give you the ability to hold in hand if you get twitchy about internet purchases.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
I have a t2i and L series 70-200 mm lens and I love it.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Will the new gopros (black series) take good pictures too?

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Depends on the terms you stand by in "good picture".

Can it get the job done? Sure. If your a pixel peeper - it won't keep you happy long. At 12mp in a world where the standard in dslrs is 18-20 in mid level bodies you leave a bit on the table.

Other areas it lacks for stills is the fps sitting at a measly 3. Fairly low for a sports shooters use these days.

The gopros are really a supplement for weekend warriors, not those folks lookin to get the absolute best from a photo. They do well for their intentions.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I don't want to tread jack again, I may just make another thread when I get home lol

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So lense are what make the pictures look good?

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
When buying a camera. Your lens should cost more if not double what the camera costs.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
So lense are what make the pictures look good?
Yes and no. Better lenses will get you higher quality results, but a combination of that along with exposure, depth of field, composition, and post processing will get the best results. These cameras and lenses don't automatically take amazing pictures. It requires more work and understanding that some people realize.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
When buying a camera. Your lens should cost more if not double what the camera costs.

That's not true. It doesn't matter how much more or less lenses cost compared to a camera body. If that were the case, a lens that costs $1000 would only be good for a camera that costs around $500, but not for one that costs $2000.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use an XSi and a T2. Canons Rebel line is a quality low cost SLR.

A lot of your quality is gonna come from your lenses too. Figure out what range you usually shoot in and save up for a nice lens for that first.

Took this last night on a tripod with a remote shutter release:

And if you want action shots:

BEAUTIFUL PICS POSTED HERE, THE PHOTOGRAPHER IS APPRECIATED FOR HIS TALENT HERE

1 - 16 of 16 Posts