Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant decide which route to go with the car now.

I want more HP but I am never home to drive it or go to the strip(1/8th mile)

I am getting a PPRV delete done sice its making my dual pumps max out.

I cant decide what route to go.

1. retune after the delete and see what I really make as I sit.
2. Pulley, tune
3.better cams, pulley, tune
4. Ported heads or Patriot heads, cams, pulley, tune
5. Trickflow 44cc TH heads, bigger cams, pulley, tune and return style fuel
I will be getting a 78mm TB/P regardless.

Mod list as I sit:
5.1 stroker
Vortech V2 T-Trim
3.33 pulley on 8psi
aftercooled
anderson power pipe
egr delete
HP292 cams
03/04 cobra hat
two walbro 255lph pumps
alum flywheel
alum driveshaft
ram power grip clutch rated for 550
stock heads/springs
stock updated manifold
stock throttle body and plenum
long tubes
off road x
lm1's

I would like to go with the most power and expensive route. Money isnt really an opbject. I just dont want to spend another 5-7K on a car I dont drive but maybe once a month but I want 600+ Im at 460/432 as I sit with pprv ****ing my pumps up. Tuner said I should be 530-550 as it sits.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
5 sounds fun.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
after you fix your fuel system Do A 2.9 Pulley which should put you in the 18-19PSI range getting you to your 600RWHP Goal.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Since you have a T-trim I say #2, with a pulley and tune, assuming your pumps support it, you should be right around 600rwhp. Now I realize money is no object, but the transmission and rear-end are probably going to be on borrowed time, if they are stock, with that much power. I'd also swap to a good inter-cooled blowthru setup instead, that's just my preference.

Edit. I'd also swap gears, unless you plan on running some serious tires all the time.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a stock t45 which is junk. I still need to find a local place to build my t45. ill be going 31 spline rear and suspension.

I want to do option 5 but I dont know about putting that much more money into the mustang since i am never home. But want a very fast scary car.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Trickflow heads would really raise the bar as far as potential goes. They outflow 4v heads so a bigger cam and more boost would get you the hp you're looking for.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Trickflow heads would really raise the bar as far as potential goes. They outflow 4v heads so a bigger cam and more boost would get you the hp you're looking for.
Im not convinced on that I have yet to see a TF 2V making much more if any then a good Ported 2V on a FI setup.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Meh, i'd do number 5 if you don't plan on selling your car in, at the least, the next couple years.

Or you could buy a bigger blower and jam the boost as high as that bitch will whine :D

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not plan on selling.

After I make this round of mods, I am sending the car to the body shop to fix the damage from the prev owners wreck and repainted. then built trans, more power, and suspension. i figure i wont get the 30K back that ill invest

But I do plan on getting TFS heads at some point, just dont know what to do first

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Cabike all you really need with your combo is more Boost, fuel ans a retune.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Might as well do the tfs heads now while you have to get a dyno tune anyways.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I may just have to do tfs heads. Hate that they are 2200.00 maybe lethal perf will putn them on sale for the 12 days of x mas sale.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I have a similar setup..do #5 and you should be able to crank up that boost to 20-22 max.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Just go with #2. Theres really no point in wasting money on tfs heads when you can hit your numbers like pate said. Save the money that you would buy the heads with and pick up a full exhaust and boltons for the goat :D

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've decided to just fix the steering, pprv, and pulley down.

GTO already has full exhaust. Ill he supercharging it in march after its paid off

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
lol you said you're going to keep it stock. :baller:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts