Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find the exhaust setup i want without going to long tube headers. I wanted a catted h pipe to go with my flowmasters and they have discontinued them. I was thinking about just gettin long tube headers, and a short catted h pipe. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
915 Posts
........go for it, but uhhh please try to keep the same subject/dilemma in the thread or threads you have already created. Dont mean to bash you, but yea. Just kind of annoying. Heres what I'd do if I were you. Longtubes are a bitch to put on our cars. It's a little bit extensive, but its whats on my Honda. Get an offroad pipe, and get two cats from magnaflow when your inspections due, and get flanges welded onto your mid pipe and the cats, and pretty much make removeable cats. Problem solved man.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Viola!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if i really want to go through the work with cutting and welding and stuff. And i would rather just leave what i put on on the car because i dont want it to be too loud. Great idea though!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are long tube headers legal?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I believe they are. I think you just have to have cats for federal law and then certain states want other things. Like in VA I know you have to have the exhaust go past the rear axle according to my inspection guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts