Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about two weeks ago it seem like I was having some trouble switching gears, I almost had to slam it to go in reverse...

well yesterday I went to leave my house and it would not go into any gear..it was locked. when the car is off it will go into every gear just fine.

so thought it was my gear cable, so changed it today and still nothing.

any ideas as to what it may be? If I cant figure it out by Monday I'm just going to have it towed to a shop.. :confused:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket shifter? If you didnt check this already it could be the stopping points are set to close to the shifter, rule of thumb is usually a credit cards space inbetween the bolt. like 1-2mm

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it will grind, But only when I try and force it in reverse. I can force it real hard in first gear, wont go all the way in first but just enough for it to start rolling real slow... any clues?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have an aftermarket shifter? If you didnt check this already it could be the stopping points are set to close to the shifter, rule of thumb is usually a credit cards space inbetween the bolt. like 1-2mm
The shifter is stock.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
mine did the same, bad clutch cable

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine did the same, bad clutch cable
I put a new clutch cable in yesterday, and still nothing.

The stage 2 clutch is 2 years old, maybe time for a new clutch :confused: already?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the car is off to the shop to get worked on. Crossing fingers its not going to cost a ton.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
keep us posted... im interested to know what it is.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I haven't seen you around in forever. I thought you sold the stang and moved on to something else.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
im also interested in this let us know what happens!!!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
took it to the shop and the clutch and flywheel were shot. had the shop put a new
clutch and flywheel in and it feels great!

I might need to call the shop Monday though, Im hearing a whining noise while the clutch is not pushed in. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't seen you around in forever. I thought you sold the stang and moved on to something else.
lol yeah I sold the mustang and bought a 2001 explorer for 2,200. and sold the mustang for 5,900.

one month later I sold the explorer for 3,500 and bought the mustang back from the guy who wanted a sports bike.

I know the guy who bought it and asked if I could buy it back seeing he wanted a sports bike...I low balled knowing he would say no to my 5,000 offer and to my surprise he agreed :eek:

so made money on both deals..lol:yes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts