Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone running as their audio systems, and what would you rate what you currently have? I'm really interested in touch screens and the quality they posses. All opinions are appreciated, thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Right now running the stock Shaker 500. I have (in the works) JL ZR componants in the front, a single 10" sub and an old school Phoenix Gold amp to power them. Later plans include the Alpine 8" touch screen deck and dash interface. I've played with it this past year, and it's a kick ass deck.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I have a Kenwood Excelon X-591 HU, a set of 5.25" Polk db components up front with 5.25" db coax's in the rear, and two Boston Acoustics G3 10" subs. Speakers powered by a Boston Acoustics 50W RMS x 4 amp (fronts are very underpowered) and an 800W RMS x 1 Boston Acoustics amp for the subs. It's not the best, but it's not something to sneeze at. Gets pretty ****in loud and stays clear til the volume maxes.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
JL Cleansweep
Alpine PDX5
4x Kenwood 6x8
Pioneer Shallowmount Sub (thin / light-weight)

Sounds...amazing.

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts
7 inch Pioneer AVHP4400 in the Scosche dash kit with touch A/C
4 kicker 6x8s @150 watts RMS
4x1000w (170rms-4) DB Drive amp
Kicker 12" Solobaric L7 (overkill)
Kicker 1500x1 amp

Each amp mounted to each back seat, box too big for trunk and looking to do something else. Love the head unit and all the features and I rarely play it over half volume. Will pretty much run you out of the car with the highs before it distorts. Very happy...

·
It'll be bout tree fiddy
3,429 Posts
Hate to thread hijack but does anyone know if you can get an aftermarket radio to play nice with sync? I miss having touch screen lol

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
There are interfaces out there, but to tell you the truth, if you go to an aftermarket deck, they can perform just about all of the features SYNC has (if not do them better). There are even adaptors to keep the factory aux in and USB jacks in the console.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I like the sync...but my pioneer that i had in my explorer would do everything that sync does...and i hate how sync defaults back to whatever album is playing on my iPod when i turn the car off.

I currently have stock stereo with sync, polk audio 650 amp for mids and highs (Infinity), and american pro 1k amp for 2 12' pioneer subs. nothing special but it sounds good. i may have to dinomat the trunk though, it rattles a bit.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I run a Pioneer p2300DVD with all the bass wired to run through an 8" kicker L7 that is run through a Polk Audio amp.

It sounds great. I'll eventually replace the stock speakers, but people actually compliment the highs they put out now that they aren't running bass and it's all tuned up with the HU

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
I like the sync...but my pioneer that i had in my explorer would do everything that sync does...and i hate how sync defaults back to whatever album is playing on my iPod when i turn the car off.

I currently have stock stereo with sync, polk audio 650 amp for mids and highs (Infinity), and american pro 1k amp for 2 12' pioneer subs. nothing special but it sounds good. i may have to dinomat the trunk though, it rattles a bit.

Dude, you know a few wire ties go a long way, right?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Dude, you know a few wire ties go a long way, right?
it looks better now...that was taken the night i was hooking it up. lol. I thought about that after i posted the pic

·
Registered
370 Posts
see... lol:)

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Ok. Much better. You're forgiven. For now. :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts

Ran my wiring under the amps and cut a small slit in the seat back to run through and hide all the wires. Turned out good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kenwood DNX570HD

I have the DNX570HD and the Metra w/Maestro RR. Quite pleased with the system. The only problem I have is the Garmin map updates are not available for this unit, can't even purchase lifetime updates from Garmin. When and if updates are available, Kenwood wants 99.00 for each update. I am really pissed about this. I bought the unit partly on the strength of the Garmin GPS. IMHO bad customer support. If Kenwood is going to offer Garmin, then do it right. Wish I had gone with a Pioneer now!

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
wow the installation kit cost just as much as the stereo on these cars but they do look nice

1 - 18 of 18 Posts