Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out a web site for Car Chemistry mufflers.
They offer mufflers with low weight. Anybody ever hear them,
try them, know anybody who has?

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
I've heard/seen this video before. Good sound. Thanks
Yeah that doesn't surprise me seeing as how i whore it out every chance i get :lmao

But i don't know what a "low weight muffler" is exactly....Just lighter than most others? If so then thats not something I would worry about...lighter mufflers will gain you nothing

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well car chemistry lists mufflers that weigh under 3lbs. called the phantom, basically a caseless muffler, if that is the right description. Car Chemistry Shop
Here is the link if anybody is interested

·
5,242 Posts
reminds me of some kind of glasspack or something...I say don't do it. Not only will it sound bad, but its also expensive. the thrush's are $30 a piece :yes

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
hey safi, so you just have straights, with thrush welds? no cats? how bout crossover? wow that sounds nice!! i have glass packs with straight duals on mine they sound pretty good, no crossover, and i still have cats. but dang urs are nice sounding. i have not heard of those mufflers either.

·
5,242 Posts
hey safi, so you just have straights, with thrush welds? no cats? how bout crossover? wow that sounds nice!! i have glass packs with straight duals on mine they sound pretty good, no crossover, and i still have cats. but dang urs are nice sounding. i have not heard of those mufflers either.
Yeah, they are divorced duals (ie. no crossover pipe). Thanks for the compliment :D

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
ok, so i could not tell from the video, but are the thrushs pretty quiet at idle? I know I had just thrush they were called, I cant remember it was either magnaflow or flowmaster, on my old car. It was a little louder than stock at normal rpms, then once u got on it it was pretty loud. Is this the same as the thrush welds? and are the thrush welds a different muffler than just the thrush? jc.

·
5,242 Posts
ok, so i could not tell from the video, but are the thrushs pretty quiet at idle? I know I had just thrush they were called, I cant remember it was either magnaflow or flowmaster, on my old car. It was a little louder than stock at normal rpms, then once u got on it it was pretty loud. Is this the same as the thrush welds? and are the thrush welds a different muffler than just the thrush? jc.
Flowmasters are louder than thrush's at idle, but the thrush's have a deeper tone to them than the flows

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
alright sweet thxs

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Make sure you dont goto a muffler shop that tries to use Dynamax instead of Flowmasters or Thrush. Ive heard some scuttlebutt around here (Orlando-Casselberry area) that some shops are putting in cheaper Dynamax pipes and charged for Flowmasters.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Make sure you dont goto a muffler shop that tries to use Dynamax instead of Flowmasters or Thrush. Ive heard some scuttlebutt around here (Orlando-Casselberry area) that some shops are putting in cheaper Dynamax pipes and charged for Flowmasters.
wat no way wow...i wonder how much people they screwed over..

·
Registered
281 Posts
where? i had my current exhaust installed in Casselberry

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
that is crooked. i hope someone finds out and takes them to court and puts them out of business. that is wow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts