Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be having some body work done to my car, along with a full buff/compound to get all the surface scratches out, and new stripes on...after this gets done, I will not be able to drive the car for about a month since I'm going for back surgery, and I'm going to get a car cover to keep it under for most of the time so that it stays nice and fresh...I was wondering what everyone thinks about these two car covers (I.E. will they scratch my paint/leave marks after being on the car)

Polyester - FORD MUSTANG SALEEN 2005-2009 CAR COVER *POLYESTER* - eBay (item 300546839884 end time May-12-11 05:27:51 PDT)

Regular - CAR COVER - Ford *Mustang GT* 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 | eBay

I have no knowledge of car covers whatsoever:D, so thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah yours is a bit out of my range...I want to find one kinda cheap that wont be abrasive...

Today the car went in the shop, should have my upgraded car within a week or so...Old beaten up gray vinyls coming off, GT emblems off, full compound and buff, damage on rear quarter fixed, new mustang medium blue vinyls (Hood Stripe and Reverse C-Stripe) with the Shelby Powered by Ford emblems...I'm sooo excited...even though I won't be able to drive the car due to my back surgery:mad:

at least I can look at it :D

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Ford Mustang 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Car cover | eBay

I have this one. it is 5 layers with a soft inner layer to protect the paint.
I've also had the expensive one from the more reputable companies. (evolution cover)
there is no significant difference between the 2 IMO.
the one i listed is well worth the 60 bucks.

you may want to check if putting a car cover on a freshly painted car is advisable.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ford Mustang 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 Car cover | eBay

I have this one. it is 5 layers with a soft inner layer to protect the paint.
I've also had the expensive one from the more reputable companies. (evolution cover)
there is no significant difference between the 2 IMO.
the one i listed is well worth the 60 bucks.

you may want to check if putting a car cover on a freshly painted car is advisable.
The only new paint is on the right side quarter panel, not a large area...you think it would be a big issue?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
if it will be covered in a garage, probly not so much of an issue.
if its outside in the wind where it will rub, there might be a few weeks or months for the paint to cure properly.
i'm not sure about the exact time frame.
probly your body/paint guy could answer that more accurately than me.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll try and steal the garage spot from my mother...she keeps her 2010 vert in there, and my father's maverick is on the other side...haha looks like I might be **** out of luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts