Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so something that almost never happens in my area of Dallas happened. It hailed. Probably quater-sized. Unfortunantly I was not paying attention to the news ((Thank you very much Mr. Jack Daniels)) to know that it was coming. So my baby, my poor baby, got a little dinged up last night. My question is, is there a car cover out there that has some sort of hail protection in it? I looked on this site and did not find a thread to address this, not saying it's not here, just saying I did not find it. Any and All help is greatly apprecieated!!

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I don't know of any car covers that would protect against heavy hail. If you don't have a garage, but have the room, perhaps look at a fully enclosed car port.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have seen some very cushy car covers but I dont know if that is good for your car... I remember hearing something about Moisture collecting under a heavy cover causing Rust and such...

I dont know..

This one says EXTREME weather conditions and HAIL
Block-it EVOLUTION Covers

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Zipp my dad would shoot me... ^^^^
It also looks like it could get blown away...

If I have bad weather is coming and my sister has the garage The stang goes under my deck in the back yard with a Cover....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thank you all. I guess I will have to look into building a car port os something like it as I have no garage. We converted into a playroom for the kiddos a couple of years ago.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Zipp my dad would shoot me... ^^^^
It also looks like it could get blown away...

If I have bad weather is coming and my sister has the garage The stang goes under my deck in the back yard with a Cover....
Look closer. lol

I have four 3foot piece of rebar pounded in to the ground at a 45 degree angle, and a hook mig welded to the top of eah rod....and a 1/2 ton load strip running up on the opposite 45 degree to the top main bar where it intersects an upright at each corner. Plus the 4 one foot posts and brackets the kit came with on each corner.

See:

I wasn't born last night, sista :lol

If a wind comes along that can take this thing down, I have bigger things to worry about than a car. lol

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
i think zip gets the "most obsessed" vote here... nice shed man dedication

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Look closer. lol

I have four 3foot piece of rebar pounded in to the ground at a 45 degree angle, and a hook mig welded to the top of eah rod....and a 1/2 ton load strip running up on the opposite 45 degree to the top main bar where it intersects an upright at each corner. Plus the 4 one foot posts and brackets the kit came with on each corner.

See:

I wasn't born last night, sista :lol

If a wind comes along that can take this thing down, I have bigger things to worry about than a car. lol

where I live someone would cut that up on you lol....

But Thats some craftsmanshits right there....
Did you buy that as a kit???
If so I want to get one in Camo and make it my own little command post...

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
where I live someone would cut that up on you lol....

But Thats some craftsmanshits right there....
Did you buy that as a kit???
If so I want to get one in Camo and make it my own little command post...
Then I would be in jail. :)

It was a kit that cost 300 bucks. The pieces of rebar were a few bucks each. The straps were 15 bucks a piece.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
I doubt your gonna find a car cover that will protect against anything other than very small hail. You best bet would be a car port or a bubble such as Zip's.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
<westernaccent>

Oh and Zip, that there's some mighty fine inginuity on that there bubble

</westernaccent>

:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts