Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my father and his friend started a car club a few years back, and right now I am only one of two S197's there...mostly old muscle (which I have noooo problem with:D) Anyone in upstate NY that wants to come out to the shows? We're always looking for new interest!

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
always good to see people keeping the enthusiasm with fellow car junkies. the club i'm in here in colorado has been around for well over 20 years.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
always good to see people keeping the enthusiasm with fellow car junkies. the club i'm in here in colorado has been around for well over 20 years.
20 years? Bob I love it! Its the highlight of my week...It has turned into such a big thing here too...it used to be about 15 cars every wed night, now we get well over 65 when the weather is nice...

I'm going in for back surgery soon and the first thing I said to the Dr. was "How soon will I be able to drive my car to the club meetings and walk around for a while?" He laughed real hard at that one...:D

·
10,234 Posts
yeah talking about your back i would stick to what the dr says to do.

here's our link. i was wrong it's been over 30 years. there are still a few of the original members still coming to meetings. i've been there for a couple years now and do the newsletter every month

http://www.mustangers.com/

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'll definitely listen to the dr. on this one...That website is AWESOME! I'd love to take our club to that level someday...

·
10,234 Posts
just time and patients. have to deal with stupid people sometimes. also imo it's pretty important to have a paid membership. to do it right you really want to keep insurance on events ect. some don't like the paid part, but it's well worth it when the club can pay for certain things throughout the year.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just time and patients. have to deal with stupid people sometimes. also imo it's pretty important to have a paid membership. to do it right you really want to keep insurance on events ect. some don't like the paid part, but it's well worth it when the club can pay for certain things throughout the year.
Yeah we do have a paid membership at this point, and we have enough from member dues and proceeds from the 50/50's we do to have a nice chunk in the bank. This year we're going on a lot of cruises, some of which we needed some club funds for so its a pretty good operation, just nowhere near as big as rocky mountain mustangs...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts