Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I just installed my intake spacer and got everything hooked back up. The car is firing up just fine but once it settles at 1k RPMs like it normally does it slowly starts to lose RPMs and the lights are dimming. Also, I hear what sounds like an air leak from the driver's side. Any ideas? Was I supposed to put anything down on the gasket?

I've seen pictures with both gaskets on and I did that because I figured more length, better results. Am I wrong with this and should I only have one? The directions said that the gasket could go on either side so I didn't see a problem with having two gaskets with one on each side.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
yeah, vaccuum leak, take that POS spacer off, i think the spacer is the stupidest thing ive ever seen, its just like the tornado, doesnt do ****.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the EGR gasket. Car is working as good as new now. Unfortunately, I cannot take it out for a test drive because I'm in St. Louis. And if you have watched the news at all today you will see that we have a lot of ice on the ground right now.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, vaccuum leak, take that POS spacer off, i think the spacer is the stupidest thing ive ever seen, its just like the tornado, doesnt do ****.
The spacer doesn't do anything for GTs, but for Cobras and Machs they add upwards of 10lbs of tq and a few horsepower. Not to mention it also increases power across the powerband. It is <$100 and a very easy install. I'm getting a dyno run as soon as the weather clears up and I'll be sure to post the results.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
let us know!

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will calm down lol. I might be able to hit a dyno Monday. I'm not driving in this ice.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
KC you're thinking of the wrong spacer. The tornado's are ****, but this isn't a throttle body spacer, it's an intake spacer for Mach's, n/a Cobra's and Marauders.

I was gonna suggest a vacuum leak or the EGR wasn't sealed up right, but you already found it. I added mine a while back and love it. It's a fun install too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts