Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so my 00 turbo gt is having some electrical issues. Since the installation of the turbo and upgraded fuel system I’ve been having some weird electrical issues. For one my car would buck at a certain rpm so my shop investigated and replaced my CCRM module. They said there were a lot of wires that looked bad along with possible my turbo piping overheating the module. After they replaced it they tuned it and test drove it and had no issues. When I left the shop that day I noticed my abs light came on. Took it back to the shop the next day they fixed the problem a wire was hanging loose into the CCRM. So yesterday I leave and as I’m driving I notice my battery voltage was low at idle. So I turned my daytime lights off. When I did that the voltage meter went back up. So I left it off however 15 min went by and then I noticed my car literally either shut down on me as I was driving or just restarted it self because all the lights came on the dash but I was still able to drive. 5 minutes after that the radio (aftermarket) restarted itself on its own. So cool now I get to my destination. I come back to my car 4 hours later. Car does not start. Luckily I was able to get a jump and since it was night time I had to leave my lights on. The whole ride back home my voltage meter looked fine. However when I was driving back home I had hit a few minor bumps on the highway and literally my car restarted itself again on its own but was still able to drive all the lights came on the dash again. Then it did it a second time but this time the abs light came on and then the car restarted while driving. I was able to drive home safely after all of this. When I did get closer to home I did floor it a few times just to see if my car would act funny but it drove flawlessly. I’m thinking because I have upgraded fuel pumps it’s drawing a lot more power so my alternator or battery is to weak or could it be a short somewhere ? Thanks for anyone’s help because I’m highly annoyed

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
I would start by checking your ground wires.. And then trace your harness everywhere it connects and check for loose connections.. the fact that a bump caused the electrical to cat up tells me you have a loose wire or harness end somewhere.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Yep. And all those things relate to a bad ground. The CCRM tends to freak out with a bad ground. Battery voltage/alternator voltage will be low with a bad ground. A bad ground will keep you from being able to crank since it won't carry enough current. A bump can unsettle a weak ground.

You can check resistance between different grounds (CCRM, engine block ground, alternator case/ground) and/or check voltage drop between those and the battery negative post. A high enough resistance or voltage drop can indicate a bad ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts