Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: i need some help ,,,,,i was wondering what u all would say if i was to trade a 01 gt conv with 58 k clean title automatic in great shape for a 02 hardtop gt standard trans with 38k salvage done the right way no shortcuts ,,,,what would u do:eek:

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
if you plan on keeping the car and your sure the salvage is not going to hurt the car other than re sale go for it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I wouldnt do it. Trade it for a coupe that doesnt have salvage history. Or better yet, sell it, and buy a nice one.

·
Registered
551 Posts
why does everyone get so scared about salvage titles. i buy and sell salvage cars all the time. thats what i do to make money and i never have a problem. the state police have to inspect the car before you can register it to make sure it was done correctly. the cars would not be allowed to be sold if they werent safe to be driven after fixed correctly

·
Registered
551 Posts
it really isnt less though. im not trying to start a arguement with anyone but i do this everyday and dont have any problems thats all im saying

·
Registered
171 Posts
my car is a salvage title and sitting next to a car exactly like it you wouldnt be able to tell any difference. and it happen when there was only 3,000 miles on the car and now it has 51,000 so if any problems were gonna show up it would have by now. Paid only 8k for it last year with 47,000 on it. I did body work for awhile so I went over it pretty good and made sure everything was sound and it all checked out so why not buy it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
also the only time your really gonna take a big hit on it is if you owned the car when it was wrecked thats who takes the hit in the depreciation dept. after that it depreciates the same rate as any other car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts