Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know that I recently purchased a 03 Cobra with a KB making 613rwhp. I wasnt told of any suspension upgrades when I purchased the car and havent looked too hard. Anyways, the car hooks like crazy. I havent tried to launch it, but from a rolling start (maybe 5-10mph) it hooks and takes off like a f-ing 747. Is this normal for a cobra with this power level or do you think it has some suspension mods? I am going to climb up under there today and see whats up...

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess so...This thing hooks way better than the GT did and the GT was slow as balls. I didnt even really think about it until I saw the thread about the guy that cant hook up...lol

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
I say there is

You didn't look over the car enough to see that when you bought it?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I guess so...This thing hooks way better than the GT did and the GT was slow as balls. I didnt even really think about it until I saw the thread about the guy that cant hook up...lol
lol I've seen a lot of Cobra's at our local track just sit and get.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I say there is

You didn't look over the car enough to see that when you bought it?
I looked under it for signs of rust and to see how clean it was and I even helped the guy swap the wheels from my GT to the cobra, but I wasnt looking for any upgrades at the time because the guy went over all of the mods with me and no suspension mods were listed. I asked if he had an IRS brace on it and he said no. I plan on getting one soon, but I am going to jack it up today and get under there.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
mine spins like crazy

( have not put the nittos on yet)

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
haha you say this like its a bad thing??

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
yeah no kidding lol

i wish mine would hook ( will see if the nittos change that)

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Haha...I had a set of the 555r's and the 555's and I had no problem hooking up...I could barely spin...they'll put you in your seat pretty quick lol

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha you say this like its a bad thing??
Not at all...its amazing! I guess I just didnt think about until now and was wondering why the hell it hooks so damn good...Makes me want to try to launch it, but Im afraid to if it doesnt have an IRS brace.

yeah no kidding lol

i wish mine would hook ( will see if the nittos change that)
I guess my nitto invos could have something to do with it too:eek:

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Not at all...its amazing! I guess I just didnt think about until now and was wondering why the hell it hooks so damn good...Makes me want to try to launch it, but Im afraid to if it doesnt have an IRS brace.

I guess my nitto invos could have something to do with it too:eek:
haha...it's all good man! Hopefully you'll figure it out when you go underneath it...and yeah, the invo's might have something to do with it! lol

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I looked under it for signs of rust and to see how clean it was and I even helped the guy swap the wheels from my GT to the cobra, but I wasnt looking for any upgrades at the time because the guy went over all of the mods with me and no suspension mods were listed. I asked if he had an IRS brace on it and he said no. I plan on getting one soon, but I am going to jack it up today and get under there.
Did you look under the hood to make sure it has a blower?

What tires are on it?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if it's working don't mess with it :D
I dont plan on it...Im working right now and cant go climb under it, just thought Id throw it out there and see if yall thought it had some work done that I was unaware of...I will let you know what I see under there after closer inspection. :D

1 - 20 of 96 Posts