Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few weeks ago i had a spark plug blow out,yesterday i fixed that an when i went to start the car it died,then when it did start it idled real rough an the motor was shacking rough,after a couple of startins an letting it sit for awhile it idle better,could this have been where it sit for 2 weeks without starting it?an what is the spark plug gap for these cars

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
yep :) .. run up to your local auto parts place and grab a can of throttle body cleaner, remove your IAC and proceed to spray [most of the can of] the tb cleaner, that will remove the carbon deposits in your IAC and let the air flow more freely thus letting the IAC do it's job [Idle Air Control] :yes let us know how it works

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok the iac is located where,dumd question,but is it on the air intake between the throttle body

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
an how come it didnt do it before my plug blow out,it idled fine,maybe where it sit for 2 weeks

·
Registered
428 Posts
Spark plug gap is .052 and I am willing to bet your problem is related to your plug blowout somehow and not the IAC.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

and here is a walkthrough: Cleaning your IAC

if you want, you can just take it off and look at it because it probably has some build up.. it should not look dull or gray or blackish inside.. you should see smooth metal

double check the gap on the plug and make sure none of the others tried to "sneak" out lol

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i dont think the plu blow out has anything to do with it,everything else seems fine except the idleing,i used a helicoil an everything tighten up good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts