1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Why did you spend the money on a supercharger, just to turn around and try and sell it ?

·
Registered
854 Posts
If it was painted and the exterior wasn't in such a sad state you could definately get close to your asking price, im sure the interior is no better as there were no pics of it. Be prepared to take a beating on it if you do actually sell, from my experience somebody will want at least a grand off for the paint then some more if the inside is nasty and then some more when they realize it has a miss, your gonna lose money on this one i almost guarantee it, probably better off keeping it.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Thats my friend tracy in the background if the pic. So it was tuned right at least.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive seen similarly modded ones like mine that are painted and people ask closer to 8-10... my buddy listed it for me since i dont have time to take calls all day but i sent him some interior pics i didnt even look at the listing but no the interior is in awesome shape, brand new black carpet, converted to gray interior, gray seats out of a 99 mustang no tears, no cracks in any of the interior, etc. ive done a lot of work to it getting the interior and the suspension solid was my first goal and i didnt wanna spend the money to paint it until i was sure i wanted to keep..

i got a good deal on the blower i just am tired of messing with it i dont really like being in a small car compared to a truck and ive worked on diesels a lot more and im better at diagnosis, etc with them,

also i mean its got a brand new 4k+ blower, about a 800 fuel system including injectors, brand new 350 maf, 400 tuning, no telling how much ive spent at LMR, brand new 500 radiator and dual fan 450 in new gauges, i mean if i added everything up im sure just the parts are worth more than the car, id love to get 6500 out of it but i know people like to think they are getting a good deal so im very negotioable on price but id i cant get at least my minimum ill take it to a shop and drop it off to get the miss figured out and keep it...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sad to say but you rarely get back the amount of money you have spent on one, and appearence means alot when someone is looking to buy. It is just natural to judge the book by its cover. I mean, it may run and have all the top notch parts but the appearence is going to bring the price down because people will equate that with shabby work. Just human nature.

·
Registered
854 Posts
As a person who looks on cl everyday i can tell you if you dont post interior pics it makes me feel like i am being decieved. Its just a bad move especially if you do have good interior, if there is any redeeming aesthetic quality on this car it needs to be up there. All i see is a hot mess minus that v3.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
$3000 car man. Needs tons of body work and doesn't run right. On top of that the intake routing doesn't work. We tried that on my dads car. Computer pulled tons of timing. Surprised your tuner didn't say anything. It's sucking in tons of hot air by the fan.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it might be a 3K car without a supercharger on it... like i said with a paint job id be asking 8-10K, if a guy came and offered me 5K id prolly take it but not a penny less, the ONLY thing the car needs is to fix the miss which if you were a mechanic or knew anything about gas motors prolly cheap easy fix just no real good shops around here, and a paint job...

as stated, everything on the car is new, tires, brakes, front and rear suspension, bushings, bearings, alignment, etc, zero rust on the car, etc... i understand if YOU personally wouldnt want the car cause it is primered but im sure the car is worth at least what my minimum is... if i sat down and could list every single part ive put on the car it might help but theres been so many thing and put them all on in the course of a few months i dont even remember what all i did off hand... its also got most every new sensor, alternator, battery, etc as well.... pretty much the only thing not new is the paint and block....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interior...

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
Good luck man. $6500 is what I got out of my car and mine was newer, nicer and had no flaws. There really is nothing that makes these cars special.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Do this. Buy a new bumper cover, $100-$150 and have earl scheib through a $300-$600 dollar paint job on it, and you might not lose as much money, putting 700 into it might get you 1.5-2 g of value out of it. Then maybe, just maybe youll get your asking price or a little more, who knows its worth a shot

Just my two cents

·
Registered
854 Posts
Five thousand is doable, the parts you got on it are worth that but its still gonna be hard to sell man. I think the interior is all over the place the seats dont match the interior, hell the interior dont match the interior lol, missing arm pads a cover piece under the wheel, the ashtray door, the vent guages dont fit and add to the craziness that is your interior. Its a big project to undertake, could be a nice car but its gonna take a bit of coin to get there and that narrows down the market alot.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was offered 7500 for mine last week. Perfect with 50k and mods. No resale value in modified mustangs...unless it's real special

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I would part it out

TREED

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do this. Buy a new bumper cover, $100-$150 and have earl scheib through a $300-$600 dollar paint job on it, and you might not lose as much money, putting 700 into it might get you 1.5-2 g of value out of it. Then maybe, just maybe youll get your asking price or a little more, who knows its worth a shot

Just my two cents
Ya I actually thought about that too.... And I already have a gt bumper that's not broke that goes with it just haven't had time to put it on.... I've got a shed full of stuff that goes with the car too...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Five thousand is doable, the parts you got on it are worth that but its still gonna be hard to sell man. I think the interior is all over the place the seats dont match the interior, hell the interior dont match the interior lol, missing arm pads a cover piece under the wheel, the ashtray door, the vent guages dont fit and add to the craziness that is your interior. Its a big project to undertake, could be a nice car but its gonna take a bit of coin to get there and that narrows down the market alot.
The interior goes together better than you think in person really everything is black and gray.... Plus I have a new steering column cover speaker covers etc that I just haven't put in yet and I was going to custom fab a 3 gauge mount for where the vent goes cause these gages are 2 1/8 and the pod they sell is for 2 5/8... That was an old gauge mount I had in my junk drawer

And I wish I would have taken more before pics to show how far it's all come! I if I get time later I'll try to make a complete list of everything done

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
i would pull the blower and sell it separately, the interior / exterior is a mess and is what everyone is going to hit you hard on.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts