Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my springs on and was wandering if subframe connector's and a strut bar would be a waste of money Im working on the suspension now and i'm trying to tighten things up! Or should I wait till the car is making higher Hp?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Every one here told me that sub frame connecters are a great mod. More for saftey reasons. I guess if it has to be done some time mineswell do it now. I just got a deal on them so thats why i bought them..otherwise i wouldnt have bought them new.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
suspension is never a bad mod....no matter if your stock or SC and juiced 650 rwhp you wont go anywhere if you cant keep it on the ground...subframes are an awesome mod imo...my buddy has some and it reallystiffens up the car.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good the car has run a 13.4 before the 3.73 and lowering springs were put on. I got the Stage 2 cams here and nitrous(Not on yet) I'm hoping for high 11''s with a tune thats why Im doing the suspension now to get it out of the way but I did not know if subframe connects were good for helping my times! Basically besides the springs what suspension mods would help with my times!

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
control arms! sfc's will help in cornering, and a little in the strait line. i didnt tell anything from sfc's for the 1/4, but i love the new feel in the hard corners. i went 12.1 on the bad trans with my mods, it has 11's now that it has a trans that i can get good use out of 3rd with.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
control arms! sfc's will help in cornering, and a little in the strait line. i didnt tell anything from sfc's for the 1/4, but i love the new feel in the hard corners. i went 12.1 on the bad trans with my mods, it has 11's now that it has a trans that i can get good use out of 3rd with.
What clutch do you have? I have a F1 stage 2 clutch!

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i was running a stage 3, but was way too much clutch. i twisted 2 inputs and broke 1. i am now runnng a super king cobra.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
a stage 2 will hold just fine. i wouldnt go to a stage 3 without the required power to utilize it. the springs in the hub are made for that power, without that much power the spring give no forgiveness. that is why i am not running my spec anymore. i love it, but is sitting in the garage for a back up in case i have to have one for some type of emergency or something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts