Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, its been a while since Ive updated. After having my car tuned and fixing minor details I was able to go to the track and test the fruits of my labor. I was able to do various passes but the best one was 12.448 @ 117.64 mph. I feel the car is capable of high 11s but the weak link is the tires. Im only able to get 2.116 60ft times. Right now Im running 305 Nitto Drags at the rear. I want to get new tires but dont know what to buy. I was thinking MT ET Streets but am worried that if its starts raining if Im out Ill be in trouble.

What tires would you guys recommend.

Heres a video of the pass and another video of the cars that ran that day.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I would try some 275/60/15s MT radials if you can find them buddy. AM sells some of those or something similar. =]

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
keep your wheel and tire combo and get a set of 15x10 aluminum race wheels and put a set of hooser, mt, or racemaster slicks on them. then swap them out for the track

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
keep your wheel and tire combo and get a set of 15x10 aluminum race wheels and put a set of hooser, mt, or racemaster slicks on them. then swap them out for the track
Thats what I was thinking but dont know where to get the wheels from at a price that wont hurt the pocket so much

lol that could have been an 11 second run if u didnt hit the rev limiter
Not so much for hitting the rev limiter, that was basically at the end of the run, the 60ft times is whats hurting me.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
I run the fast five 10x15 with a 6.5 inch back space. They are 135 a wheel off summit. I like them cause they have a 1 piece hub and use standard lug nuts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I run the fast five 10x15 with a 6.5 inch back space. They are 135 a wheel off summit. I like them cause they have a 1 piece hub and use standard lug nuts
Do you have a picture to see how they look on the car?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
ok i think you definitely need to work on your 60', even without new tires. i'm on almost dead BFG 275 street tires and i cut 2.0 60's.

you have 305 drag radials out back, there is no reason why you shouldn't at least be at 1.9. heat those tires up good and try launching harder. you shouldn't have to buy your way to faster times, just work on your driving.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i think you definitely need to work on your 60', even without new tires. i'm on almost dead BFG 275 street tires and i cut 2.0 60's.

you have 305 drag radials out back, there is no reason why you shouldn't at least be at 1.9. heat those tires up good and try launching harder. you shouldn't have to buy your way to faster times, just work on your driving.
Believe me Ive tried everything humanly possible LOL, I heat up the tires pretty good before doing any run, I launch the car at 2,500, can probably do 3,000 but for sure will end up spinning the tires as has happened before. You cant hear it so much on the video but the car loses traction quite often.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts