Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this 95 gt convertible. when driving down the road it just dies as if you shut the key off. i replaced the fuel pump, tfi ,distib, ignition, car still shuts off sometimes takes it a few to re-start some times it just starts right back up. any suggestions? no mods that im aware of. it is a automatic . I also replaced the o2 sensor before the cat which is the number 3.:mad:

·
Banned
837 Posts
I just got this 95 gt convertible. when driving down the road it just dies as if you shut the key off. i replaced the fuel pump, tfi ,distib, ignition, car still shuts off sometimes takes it a few to re-start some times it just starts right back up. any suggestions? no mods that im aware of. it is a automatic . I also replaced the o2 sensor before the cat which is the number 3.:mad:
is only when you are off the throttle ? have you gotten any check engine light ? id pull the codes and see what you come up with there first

·
Resident Headbanger
2,433 Posts
I just got this 95 gt convertible. when driving down the road it just dies as if you shut the key off. i replaced the fuel pump, tfi ,distib, ignition, car still shuts off sometimes takes it a few to re-start some times it just starts right back up. any suggestions?
When a '94-'95 5.0 randomly stalls with no coughing or spluttering as if you've hit a kill switch, and is sometimes difficult to restart, the first thing I think of is the PIP sensor inside the distributor. You've already replaced yours but it's still possible for the new one to be a dud so you might wanna get it tested. Even if the sensor itself is OK, there could be a fault in the connector with the wiring harness. You could try cleaning it and applying some dielectric grease to the contacts to see if that improves things.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sometimes its when i let off the throttle or at low rpm. today was really bad! wouldnt hardly start at all . then all of a sudden it just fires up! it getting frustrating!! almost if its not getting enuff fuel

·
Resident Headbanger
2,433 Posts
In that case I suggest you go to Autozone and get a free computer scan for fault codes. It might just help trace down the problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
went to Autozone they hook the machine up to the car and it read error! that was done several times. this is why so frustrating

·
Registered
443 Posts
my 95 does the same exact thing.. its not the fuel.. i havent yet traced the exact problem but its something electrical.. im almost positive it has something to do with the distributor.. my starter went out in my car so i havent been able to pinpoint the exact problem.. if you figure it out let me kno...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
glad i'm not the only one having this problem. However you dont have the answer i need....lol good luck i think i'm going to try this pip sensor that bullit mentioned as soon as i can find it!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
check the connection on the coil,while the motor is running start moving some connections around and see if you could duplicate the problem also check all the grounds around the batteries and look at the computer wiring and grounds,mine did that when I got it,it was the wires going to the coil it was almost broken

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Put a new distributor in and works great. must have been a faulty PIP sensor in the other new distrib. THANKS so much guys ...i would never figured that out!.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i love happy endings............specially when they involve a girl!! :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Autozone cant pull codes they try underdash and that doesnt work, get a obd1 code reader digital one cost about $30 and very handy to have, hooks up on passenger side under hood by firewall, some people also put a couple of wires together at the underhood connector and count the flashes on the instrument panel I found that hard to do.

·
Registered
443 Posts
car still running good? just wanted to see if the new distributor fixed the problem. im about to buy a new one for mine n see if it fixes it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
sweet! thanks man. i need to go buy one now... i get scared to drive the car b/c the way it just shuts off while im going down the road

·
Registered
609 Posts
i have a stock dizzy from a 95 with rotor and cap for sale. FYI

1 - 20 of 39 Posts