Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I posted before about how my car wouldn't start. I took it to a shop to have the fuel pump and filter replaced. The shop called and said the car starts and runs fine, but it's now throwing a check engine light with the code P1237--Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit Fault. I replaced the fuel pump with a Bosch one that I got from Napa and replaced the fuel filter with a Wix one I got from Napa as well.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix? Is it just a matter of resetting the code?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Did the shop call and say it was throwing the code or did it throw the code after you got the car back?
If the shop called to tell you it was throwing a code they should have fixed it since it was throwing the code when you took it in.
If it threw the code after you got it back and were driving it take it back and tell them it happened on the drive home, it shouldn't be throwing a code period if you just had it worked on, and the shop should fix it.
But resetting it may fix it, or it may just make it go away temporarily.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just called the shop and he said the code went away. I will take your advice though if the code comes back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts