Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I was driving and my car seemed to rev itself, and I couldn't accelerate for a few seconds. It went away for days, so I thought it was just a one time thing. I started up the car today and it reved itself, from 500rpm to 1500rpm and nothing happened when I tried to rev it myself. I tried to back down the driveway and it jerked, faster then slower, so I hit the brake and put it in drive to get back up the driveway because something's wrong, and I have no power, I couldn't get it to move. It's sitting on the end of the driveway now, luckily I wasn't on the road. 2001 v6 by the way. I can't drive it now, anyone know what's wrong or how to fix it? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If the engine is revving up but the car doesn't move in drive it sounds like a transmission issue. First check that there is enough transmission fluid.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I waited about 30 minutes then started it up again. No problem, up and down the driveway, still no problem. Then I drove it around the block and everything was fine. Just drove to gym and back and everything worked perfectly.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Auto tranny?

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
throttle position sensor or IAC.

motor mounts, seriously? Idiot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts